Moparts

Fourspeed Reverse Light

Posted By: GTXKARL

Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/19/17 02:20 AM

Hi. Do they sell a repair kit for the reverse light on a four speed ? The rubber boot is bad. Thanks.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/19/17 03:57 AM

How you doing Karl, this is Kevin, hope the trunk light is working. What boot are you talking about? If it is the one down at the trans then chances are Brewer's or Passion sells a reverse light harness that would include the boot, if you are talking about the boot where the wire comes through the firewall, same deal. If there is another boot I'm not thinking of then tell us which one and maybe someone will have a suggestion. I may have a lower one at the house but not sure exactly where.

Re: Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/20/17 02:38 AM

Hey, Kevin. We got it at the club car meeting. The light does work that you gave me. I put it in. Then, I realized that I had a problem with the light. I have to leave it unplugged or the battery will die. Thanks again. On topic now. The boot holds the wires for the reverse lights at the manual transmission. I am trying to buy a new pig tail. I don't want to replace the wire harness. Its just dried out and hard. Thanks again.

Re: Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/20/17 03:56 AM

If I'm not mistaken the wire to the reverse light switch is a separate jumper harness and does not require the replace of the engine harness but just the small harness.

I was kinda right:

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BLH

It is a separate little harness but it does require that you pull the bulk head connector and release the terminals and plug the new wires in. Simple enough to do, I could do it in minutes if I was in town just not sure when that would be. Tim or Andy could do it quickly as well and I'm sure they would. You could replace harness and just have it hanging at the bulk head for them to stop by.

Good luck!
Posted By: MoparMike1974

Re: Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/20/17 03:14 PM

Rockauto has the pigtail for $12.42
Just splice it in. http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4673376&cc=1499090&jsn=425
Those rubber plugs are always hard as a brick.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/20/17 07:31 PM

OP has 4-speed, not auto.

Re: Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/21/17 01:11 AM

Hi John
Can you tell what OP is thank you

Re: Fourspeed Reverse Light - 04/21/17 01:31 AM

OP means original poster ---- you started the thread.

Not to mention Karl's car is nice/original enough that he doesn't need to spline wires, he will want to fix it as correctly as possible.
© 2024 Moparts Forums