Moparts

Jones max flow mufflers?

Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Jones max flow mufflers? - 02/26/17 04:50 AM

Anyone have any experience with Jones max flow mufflers? Thinking about them for the daily driver. Fully welded, stainless, perforated tube with packing. 1/2 the price of the ultra flows and magnaflows.
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/01/17 03:26 AM

Somebody posted in the street rod section that runs and likes them.I'll look for it and link.
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/01/17 03:39 AM

Here it is:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2243396/jones-mufflers.html#Post2243396
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/01/17 03:49 PM

Good friend of mine used to have his own shop and did custom exhaust. He used a lot of the Jones mufflers. Never had a complaint that I know of and the ones I heard all sounded good.
Never had a pair of em myself...biggest they make is 3".
Posted By: Wagonman1967

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/01/17 07:45 PM

Got them on my 68, replaced the Flow Masters. Quiet at idle and bark pretty good when jumping on it. Overall a nice muffler made in the USA. With NO drone.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/01/17 10:29 PM

GREAT mufflers. I like them very much,no drone and quiet until you hit the hammer,then they bark.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/02/17 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By Wagonman1967
Got them on my 68, replaced the Flow Masters. Quiet at idle and bark pretty good when jumping on it. Overall a nice muffler made in the USA. With NO drone.

Are you certain of the US made part? These things are $40 vs $100 for the same offering from other US muffler manufacturers. I just can't for the life of me believe they can undercut domestics like that without being offshore.
Posted By: 65rbdodge

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/02/17 01:34 PM

I just looked at their site, looks like they are US made. They may not have a union there.
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/02/17 02:28 PM

Some flowtest comparisons would been nice to see.
Wonder how they rack up against some of the DynoMax and Borla mufflers for instance.
Posted By: 440farmer

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/02/17 04:08 PM

I'm thinking of getting some for my wife's challenger they look like excellent craftsmanship.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/02/17 05:46 PM

Maybe it's a small shop with low overhead. Power sticks are made in Michigan and he's pretty cheap too.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/03/17 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By BigBlockMopar
Some flowtest comparisons would been nice to see.
Wonder how they rack up against some of the DynoMax and Borla mufflers for instance.

I'd think there wouldn't much of a difference in flow at all. You can look right through it.
Posted By: 360view

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/03/17 03:47 PM

Some low overhead muffler shop
that does good work in SS
needs to make longer custom mufflers
in the 40 to 72 inch range.

Putting in the longest low restriction muffler that will fit
would get rid of a lot of "Drone" problems at highway cruise part throttle
simply by reducing the length of the tailpipe down stream of the muffler outlet.
Posted By: Exit1965

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/03/17 05:19 PM

Here is a video I saw of a flow test a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxPIt-eoT3w
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/03/17 05:25 PM

Here's one for the Hooker max flow muffler. Same style, straight through race muffler. I'll be getting a pair of these soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3RfyD-DzE
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/04/17 01:30 PM

I'm running a pair of Borla XS mufflers on my '73 Dart.
While they are nice and quiet for everyday use, they still are a bit loud at coming up to 2000rpm accelerating with part throttle.

The mandrell bent exhaust has an X-pipe which imo could enable the mufflers to make syncronised noise at around 2k rpm, probably increasing the sound level.

Considering putting an extra piece of deadend tubing in one side, or install resonators at the rear.
Posted By: cogen80

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/04/17 02:50 PM

to the guys that are running them and don't have any drone. are you guys running exhaust manifolds or headers? any type of crossover? H or X pipe?
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/04/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By cogen80
to the gues that are running them and don't have any drone. are you guys running exhaust manifolds or headers? any type of crossover? H or X pipe?

I'm using TTi 2" headers and their H pipe on my 440 A-body,mufflers dump at axle. Might get tailpipes fabricated later,but fine as is now.
Posted By: Interceptor72

Re: Jones max flow mufflers? - 03/05/17 01:59 AM

I have the Jones Max Flow on one of my cars and the Magnaflows on another.
Both exhaust systems are almost identical otherwise. Both have block hugger headers, 2.5" with x-pipes. But the Magnaflows are on a 330" motor and the Jones on a 505" motor.

The Jones mufflers sound a little louder and less mellow (more raspy) than the Magnaflows. I don't know how much of that is due to the motor or the mufflers.

I like the sound of the Magnaflows much more, but that's just my opinion.

The Jones mufflers are a steal for the quality, though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums