Moparts

Key-in buzzer 70 Challenger

Posted By: dan9

Key-in buzzer 70 Challenger - 02/01/17 06:41 PM

If I unplug the buzzer at the kick panel does it control anything else? Thank you
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Key-in buzzer 70 Challenger - 02/01/17 06:58 PM

Not that I have ever seen . . .
Posted By: Slotts

Re: Key-in buzzer 70 Challenger - 02/01/17 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By dan9
If I unplug the buzzer at the kick panel does it control anything else? Thank you

The 2983696 buzzer relay should be mounted on the lower dash frame by the glove box.

If you have the short factory diode adapter plugged into the T connector, top wiring circuits Q13A-18R & Q13B-18R and bottom circuits L6-18BK/Y* & L6A-18BK/Y*, the parking lights or parking light and headlights on with key removed will also trigger the buzzer relay, referred to as the Headlight Warning Buzzer, in the FSM.

Jim
Posted By: moparx

Re: Key-in buzzer 70 Challenger - 02/02/17 03:21 PM

those buzzers make great electrical diagnostic tools, so don't throw 'em away ! i have several made up with varying length leads. they work as a great audible device when working alone, as i do most of the time.
beer
Posted By: ahy

Re: Key-in buzzer 70 Challenger - 02/03/17 03:39 AM

Mine is un-plugged (for a reason) and no issues.

Reason is it was causing a no-start condition with my EFI car. The factory relay/diode was failing and sending a small current back through the ignition circuit. The current was enough to confuse the EFI box but not turn it on. Result was no start. Troubleshooting was not easy.

The key on buzzer was cute... but I do not miss it and my car starts. On a factory setup, the same problem would likely cause a battery drain problem.
Posted By: dan9

Re: Key-in buzzer 70 Challenger - 02/03/17 09:05 PM

Thank you all for the responses. The buzzer was annoying while I was working on the heater wiring so I unplugged it. I will plug it back in when I'm done and just be happy it works. I hadn't thought about the lights on warning. Thanks again. Dan
© 2024 Moparts Forums