Moparts

rear leaf springs

Posted By: 93moparram

rear leaf springs - 01/26/17 04:43 PM

hey all! first post! trying to raise rear end of my 93 2wd d150 a couple inches, anyone recommend a certain rear leaf? thx!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/26/17 04:53 PM

welcome aboard, I'm in the same boat with my 85 ramcharger sagging springs. ESPO and "springs & things" get good reviews on here. see what gets (additionally) posted.
Posted By: therocks

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/26/17 05:06 PM

Try to find a spring shop near you.They can either rearch and add a leaf and height.that or they should have new ones or can make them.my son had his rearched and leaf added plus 1 inch arch.his 62 sat perfect and were on at least 14 years when he sold it.my 57 had busted ones.local spring shop had them new on the shelf.Rocky
Posted By: jbc426

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/26/17 05:51 PM

Buy yourself some new u-bolts and nuts and an add-a-leaf spring from a 4WD parts house. You may need longer shocks too.
Posted By: 93moparram

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/26/17 06:25 PM

thanks a lot!
Posted By: Kevin Kowalski

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/26/17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By jbc426
Buy yourself some new u-bolts and nuts and an add-a-leaf spring from a 4WD parts house. You may need longer shocks too.

iagree
This is what I did years ago on my Ramcharger front and back. I think they were Rancho add-a-leafs and definitely longer Rancho shocks. They were advertised as 1-1/2 inch lift but they added about 2 to 2-1/2 inch. 33s were a little tight before the lift but fit really nice after adding leafs.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/27/17 12:53 AM

93moparram has asked only to increase the height and not to increase the spring rate. You must understand if you add an extra leaf or add the Ranchero spring you will increase the spring rate.

If you only want, as you asked, to increase the height. Rearch the springs only.

To educate everyone on leaf springs. Think ofadjustable coil over springs. When you ajust the threaded collar you tune the ride height and the spring stays the same. Adding a leaf is like installing a thicker coil which will not necessarily increase your ride height. Unless it's as mention add and rearch but it will surely ruin the ride quality.

If you are using this truck to haul heavy loads a stronger spring may be what you need.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/27/17 12:56 AM

$

Attached picture IMG_0733.jpg
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: rear leaf springs - 01/27/17 01:00 AM

N N N N N N O O O O O !!!!!!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums