Moparts

How to use radio preset buttons?

Posted By: Mopar72Man

How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 04:12 PM

I know this is likely elementary, but how can I set the preset buttons on a 70's Mopar radio?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 04:20 PM

Turn radio to desired station, pull button all the way out, push button all the way in. Done
Posted By: ct440rod

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 04:21 PM

Find staion you want .. Pull the push button selector out then push back in ..
Posted By: floridian

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 04:34 PM

Am I that old to be chuckling about this question? LOL
Posted By: moparx

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By floridian

one good thing about being a geezer is we don't get into much trouble saying stuff like that.
beer
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 04:52 PM

Maybe they have a App for that.
Posted By: therocks

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 05:17 PM

Guess a bunch of us are that old.Just like people asking what the small triangle symbol is for.They never heard of the air raid emergency channels.rocky
Posted By: Mopar72Man

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 06:18 PM

Yea, yea. The vehicle is 12 years older than I am, and it's not the most intuitive process. I'd rather not tear up a 40 year old 8-track radio over not asking a stupid question.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 06:45 PM

When I read the header I actually turned to my wife and joked about the question.

To the OP, I'm glad you're into it, someone gotta buy all are cars when we are done.
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 07:43 PM

Rite of passage, like figuring out how to remove the stem from a Mopar headlight switch, or snapping off your first left hand thread lug nut...
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By Sixpak
Rite of passage, like figuring out how to remove the stem from a Mopar headlight switch, or snapping off your first left hand thread lug nut...

haha

Lots of stories behind this last one I would bet.

Of course, it wasn't that funny when we were learning things hard way.
Posted By: floridian

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By Mopar72Man
Yea, yea. The vehicle is 12 years older than I am, and it's not the most intuitive process. I'd rather not tear up a 40 year old 8-track radio over not asking a stupid question.

PLease ask away, no such thing as a dumb question...

I would have to say its usually us geezers asking computer questions to the younger people....

When was the last Mechanical button radio made????
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 08:29 PM

The funny thing is I bet there is a lot of old people that don`t know either.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/30/16 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By Mopar72Man

PLease ask away, no such thing as a dumb question...

I would have to say its usually us geezers asking computer questions to the younger people....

When was the last Mechanical button radio made????

I was wondering the same thing. Iirc my 85 d150 still had push buttons, but my 85 w250 had the electronic preset.

OK old timers, who remembers when FM was new?
Posted By: njmopar

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 03:53 AM

Speaking of old school button tricks. How about pulling out the chrome a\c button on the panel to turn off the compressor but still keep the air flowing?
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 04:15 AM

My Diplomat would allow that, not sure if the 65 Cuda does, might because I do have a later model switch in it.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 04:41 AM

My 88 Square body dually has buttons.
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 04:58 AM

I remember my dad teaching me radio button setting in the 70's and thinking what cool technology.

Red
Posted By: formula_s

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By ruderunner
[quote=floridian]

OK old timers, who remembers when FM was new?

1946 for the current FM band. 88.1-107.9.
Posted By: hooziewhatsit

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 06:48 AM

Huh. I remember playing with one on the shelf years ago trying to figure out how to get it to save the station. Holding the button and turning the knob, then releasing the button didn't work. Now I know why laugh2
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 10:21 AM

Funny thread! The left hand lug nuts got me on my first car. '69 Roadrunner. Thank God I had knowledgeable help before I snapped one! I thought it was hold the button and tune to the station as well! I guess 53 isn't old ENOUGH!
Posted By: therocks

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 02:49 PM

Hey Ive played with them since the 60s.I still forget that the DS is left handed.Especially when you are used to removing lugs all day at work.LOL Never really learn it all and remember it all.Rocky
Posted By: fastmark

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 03:11 PM

Ok. This is funny. All us old guys laughing at the next generation because we know something technical when they don't! I have to pull my owners manual every year to change the clock on some off my vehicles. They are all different. And yes, the left handed threaded lug nut got me on my first Mopar. I had so many dumb question when I first got into cars, it's amazing that I got anything accomplished. A service manual saved me. Sure wish I would have had Moparts back then👍. Ask away youngster, glad to have you on board!
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 05:37 PM

very funny thread! today's radios (head unit they are called now) throw me right over the edge. just trying to find the tuner or treble and bass!!

and of course back in the day i had a FM converter in the glove box and an 8 track screwed in under the dash!
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: How to use radio preset buttons? - 12/31/16 08:25 PM

I freaked out the salesman when test driving the Acclaim. I was trying to pull the preset buttons out with my fingernail. He asked me why and I told him that was how I did it in my Cuda. He was not amused.
© 2024 Moparts Forums