Moparts

Aluminun Radiator

Posted By: GTXKARL

Aluminun Radiator - 12/28/16 04:31 AM

Hi i need A part # for a Aluminum Radiator for 1970 Plymouth gtx 440 six pack and will the stock fan shroud fit 26 in
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Aluminun Radiator - 12/28/16 04:49 AM

People including myself have had good luck with Champion other than an occaisional warped one but I think there is a guy on here who sells/guarantees em. & something about the vertical tubes not being as big as in some radiators
Posted By: djenkins83

Re: Aluminun Radiator - 12/28/16 04:47 PM

If it's the same as a 69 model 26in radiator we used an exact fit Griffin part #5-00004 in our 69 Charger. We painted it black with Eastwood Radiator paint and the factory shroud will bolt right to it with no modifications.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Aluminun Radiator - 12/28/16 05:02 PM

Put a Champion in my 65 440.Fit was decent and cools great.Had my doubts but for 150 it works great.Ill buy another if I need one.Got mine off of Ebay.Lots of people selling them.Rocky
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: Aluminun Radiator - 12/29/16 09:35 PM

I'm using a Champion in my '70 Road Runner. It did not fit all that well & I had to drill some new holes in the radiator support to lower it. It now has about 1" of the top tank exposed below the top of the core support to JUST BARELY have the Champion (non-vented) radiator cap clear the bottom of the hood. I hacked up my 26" reproduction fan shroud big-time & made some attachments out of aluminum sheet. It looks decent once installed and it cools well, but it is NOT a "bolt-in"
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Aluminun Radiator - 12/29/16 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By helpgtxkarl
Hi i need A part # for a Aluminum Radiator for 1970 Plymouth gtx 440 six pack and will the stock fan shroud fit 26 in

Why do you want to run Aluminum? To save money?
Posted By: MoparMike1974

Re: Aluminun Radiator - 12/30/16 04:21 AM

I bought one from here and was really surprised at the quality for the price. Im a long way from being ready to drop it in my dart but I see no reason it shouldn't cool well.
http://www.speedcooling.com/26-Big-Block-Mopar-Radiator.html
I plan on buying one for my cuda too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums