Moparts

PCV grommet

Posted By: cdstl

PCV grommet - 11/27/16 02:51 AM

I picked up a set of M/T valve covers for my small block. The PVC grommet is Chrysler 2946079 and measures nearly an inch on the inside. When I go to get a PCV valve for a small block it is a much smaller diameter.

What PCV valve have you guys used that is this size?

Thanks

Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 03:10 AM

That`s a breather grommet

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 03:14 AM

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=3751510
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 03:55 AM

Yeah, you can get the GENUINE MoPar grommet RTS sells for $8.00 at RockAuto for $3.78.

Both the breather and the PCV grommets can be found using an 89 Fifth Ave as the application.
Posted By: Mattax

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 04:19 AM

Quote:
I picked up a set of M/T valve covers for my small block...What PCV valve have you guys used that is this size?

For the M/T valve covers Holley p/n 241-214 comes with two grommets in the package with 3/4" PCV hole .

Attached picture HolleyGrommet241-214.JPG

Description: Grommet pack 241-214
Attached picture MVC-331S.JPG

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 06:06 AM

Yep, I know it's a grommet. Do you suppose it's the grommet for a breather or did Mopar have a PCV that was that big. I ask because there is one hole on each valve cover. One is the fill and the other had this grommet. Maybe the guy that had them before me didn't run a PCV.

I'm planning on using a breather that doubles as a fill and will need a PCV valve to go into the other side. I was just wondering if a Mopar ever used a PCV that was this big. Then I would buy that PCV.
Posted By: Mattax

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 06:30 AM

Guess I wasn't clear either. The grommet you have will accept a 'push in' style breather. Some breathers will take PCV on top, so that might be an answer.
edit:but as far as I could tell, Mopar never made a 1" PCV valve.

What I was posted are the PCV grommets that fit the M/T valve cover smooth edged holes. Get those and a typical PCV valve will fit.

I bought my M/Ts new. Each cover originally had two knockouts, one which resulted in a smooth hole for a PCV or breather grommet. The other accepted a 1/4 twist lock breather or fill cap. Hope that makes sense.

In the photo the PCV is in the grommet I posted, the black mopar style breather is in a grommet the same or similar to yours. The chrome breather is a twist lock and was used for filling oil.

Attached picture eng01r.jpg
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By cdstl
Yep, I know it's a grommet. Do you suppose it's the grommet for a breather or did Mopar have a PCV that was that big. I ask because there is one hole on each valve cover. One is the fill and the other had this grommet. Maybe the guy that had them before me didn't run a PCV.

I'm planning on using a breather that doubles as a fill and will need a PCV valve to go into the other side. I was just wondering if a Mopar ever used a PCV that was this big. Then I would buy that PCV.

I've run the cast M/T Smblk and Bblk covers in the past, and yes that's the sized grommet supplied, if the covers are already cut to fit that grommet, you'll need PCV valve Fram FV184 or V194 IIRC

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 05:08 PM

Holley p/n 241-214 Does anyone still carry those grommets?
Posted By: justinp61

Re: PCV grommet - 11/27/16 09:51 PM

I bought my grommets from NAPA.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: PCV grommet - 11/28/16 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By justinp61

Do you still have that part number, hopefully? If so what is it please luck

Re: PCV grommet - 11/28/16 01:41 AM

I'll see if I still have the box.
Posted By: A990

Re: PCV grommet - 11/28/16 02:31 AM

I am researching this as well. Moroso lists sheet metal and cast VC grommets to accomodate the thickness.

The specs are 1.25 OD and 1/2" ID for the PCV (GM used 3/4") the breather is 1" ID (the K&N types are 3/4" ID)

I'm not going to run baffles, so I'm going with the integrated type

grommet list

Re: PCV grommet - 11/28/16 02:54 AM

Killer, thanks guys. All that I really wanted was ANY PCV that would fit into that hole.
Posted By: 68CM27/69XP29

Re: PCV grommet - 11/28/16 06:51 AM

Chrysler part number is 3751510.

Re: PCV grommet - 11/29/16 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By justinp61

Do you still have that part number, hopefully? If so what is it please luck

My grommets are Dorman but the hole in the valve cover for the pcv valve grommet is smaller than the valve cover vent hole. The pcv grommet is 42064 and the breather is 42344.
© 2024 Moparts Forums