Moparts

Front End Rebuild

Posted By: 70dart318

Front End Rebuild - 10/30/16 04:59 PM

Going to start working on the 72 Duster the front end totally needs rebuilt is it better to get a whole kit (like from PST) or go to part store and order all the parts I need? What name brand parts are better?
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/30/16 05:08 PM

I recently did the same on a 65
c body and ordered all Moog from Rock auto for a better price overall. Maybe got lucky but it was all USA made when it came in too. I ordered a second set of several items for the shelf and future repairs.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/30/16 05:23 PM

iagree Moog and Rockauto are hard to beat. Just be sure to check and make sure that Moog is stamped on all the individual parts.
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/30/16 06:40 PM

amazon too, sometimes beats the price. once you have a part number try there.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/30/16 08:01 PM

I highly recommend Rockauto. good prices/good customer service. More importantly tho I would confirm that EVERY piece you purchase is made in US of A (or similar quality), Australia/new zealand
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/30/16 08:36 PM

i used the Energy Suspension 'Hyper-flex' all poly kit in my rebuild last year. while i would recommend the actual pieces and their fit/quality, the 'everything you need' kit had parts that i couldn't use (69 B-body). front stabilizer bar bushings were generic and wouldn't work in the original locations, the lower control arm bushings were impossible to use (so said the machine shop i used to press out the old).

i will take the blame for it though as i ordered it on-line. sadly the days of going to the speed/parts store and actually seeing what you are getting are over unless you are a chebby or ford guy.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/31/16 01:47 AM

Part quality in some of the kits has been variable.

I would suggest Moog/Rock Auto or a kit from Firm Feel.
Posted By: parksr5

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/31/16 02:16 AM

Although I've not used it, the kit from Bill Rolik Enterprises has always peaked my interest. I'm about to the point where I'm going to start buying parts for a complete restoration and suspension has been one of the areas I've looked around for good parts.
Posted By: 70dart318

Re: Front End Rebuild - 10/31/16 02:28 PM

Thank You for your help
© 2024 Moparts Forums