Moparts

changing 73 rr krame w/ 72 k frame

Posted By: deansrr

changing 73 rr krame w/ 72 k frame - 02/12/09 02:31 AM

want to change my k frame on my 73 roadrunner with a 72 k frame, want to install rack n pinion
any one done this before?

Thanks, Dean
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: changing 73 rr krame w/ 72 k frame - 02/12/09 03:04 AM

Not sure if it's even doable. For 73 chrysler's B body cars changed to the isolated k-frame which uses those rubber mounts that go between the K-frame and the body's sub-frame. Totally different than the earlier direct bolt on style. I don't know of anyone who's successfully put a pre 73 K onto a 73+ body but I'd be interested to hear if anyone had. I think the mounting points and everything under there is totally different from 72 to 73.
Posted By: torkrules

Re: changing 73 rr krame w/ 72 k frame - 02/12/09 03:16 AM

Quote:

Not sure if it's even doable. For 73 chrysler's B body cars changed to the isolated k-frame which uses those rubber mounts that go between the K-frame and the body's sub-frame. Totally different than the earlier direct bolt on style. I don't know of anyone who's successfully put a pre 73 K onto a 73+ body but I'd be interested to hear if anyone had. I think the mounting points and everything under there is totally different from 72 to 73.

Plus the upper control arm and shock mounts are part of the K member on a 73 and up B body. I have seen someone splice a 72 sub frame onto a '73 body.
© 2024 Moparts Forums