Moparts

color matched spray paint?

Posted By: eightlitermopar

color matched spray paint? - 10/10/16 03:06 AM

I have factory 14 inch rims which I spray painted years ago. It matches the cars color.

However, that was a local paint shop and I have now moved across the country.

I want to upgrade to 15" steel rims with poverty caps and spray paint them to match again.

Where are you guys ordering spray paint online for this sort of project?

Thanks!

eightlitermopar
Posted By: Neil

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/10/16 03:23 AM

Some auto body places can put paint into an aerosol can for you so if there are paint places near where you are at that may be an option.

For painting smaller parts I typically paint them with good paint and a disposable Preval sprayer from Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc.
Posted By: eightlitermopar

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/10/16 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By Neil
Some auto body places can put paint into an aerosol can for you so if there are paint places near where you are at that may be an option.

For painting smaller parts I typically paint them with good paint and a disposable Preval sprayer from Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc.

Thanks for the input. The current rims were painted with aerosol from a shop that provided that for me. It worked great, but now I am 2400 miles from that shop and I am still learning the area....especially automotive stuff. I may have to start looking around, but I didn't know if anyone used an online source and just had it mailed to them? Thanks for the heads up. up
Posted By: J. Hammer

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/10/16 04:28 AM

Ben's auto paint supply in Gainesville. I don't know how close they are to you.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/10/16 04:42 AM

I've used Tower paint via mailorder/on line for many years, factory paint matches, custom applications etc, very reasonable, very affordable

Attached picture tower paint.JPG
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/10/16 05:40 AM

If your talking rattle can paint in factory colors, try Totally Auto. They have a nice selection of different colors.
Posted By: lockjaw-express

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/10/16 03:56 PM

color matches perfectly...I bought rattle cans

Microfinish LLC
208 Plauche Ct
New Orleans, LA 70123

Toll Free: 1-888-710-5192
Phone: 1-504-818-2334
Fax: 1-504-818-2996
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/14/16 04:24 AM

There is a local paint store here that will put factory colors in rattle cans for you at reasonable prices. Just give them the paint code and and come back the next day. Call around to local paint shops.
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/14/16 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By lockjaw-express
color matches perfectly...I bought rattle cans

Microfinish LLC
208 Plauche Ct
New Orleans, LA 70123

Toll Free: 1-888-710-5192
Phone: 1-504-818-2334
Fax: 1-504-818-2996

I've used them also. Basecoat in one can, clear in another.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: color matched spray paint? - 10/14/16 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By Ramrod39
There is a local paint store here that will put factory colors in rattle cans for you at reasonable prices. Just give them the paint code and and come back the next day. Call around to local paint shops.

I agree. I had this done in order to paint my cage B5 to match the car. I didn't want to be dragging the air hose around inside the car messing up the paint job as I went. Came out awesome in my opinion.

Attached picture 100_1667 [640x480].jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums