Moparts

Gas Pedal Swap?

Posted By: Mills

Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/29/16 11:01 PM

I had to weld in a new drivers-side floor pan in my '67 Satellite and it does not have the gas pedal square "boss" to accept the stock floor bolt-down type pedal so reusing my stock pedal isn't gonna work.

I know for later years / different body styles the pedal does not bolt to the floor - is there something I can do to easily convert or ?? I was thinking about just hacking off the floor boss on the pedal, removing the "roller" on the pedal linkage, and just bolting the [censored] on...but that seems like a hack-job haha

Suggestions on what to do / buy to make this work. No bone-yard searching please

Thx
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/30/16 12:13 AM

Maybe Lokar has something you can use.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/30/16 12:23 AM

I know a 72 Duster has the pedal mounted on the firewall without touching the floor.
Might be as simple as drilling a couple holes. You may be able to reuse your old cable too... shruggy

Attached picture interior.jpg
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/30/16 03:30 AM

How about a later B-body? (mid-'70's)

Back when I had my '76 Dodge Club Cab, it had a gas pedal that mounted to the floor. I hated it. It felt awkward to me.

I was able to mount a pedal assembly from an early '80's truck in its place. I don't remember if I had to elongate one of the holes, or drill a new one, but, it was really simple.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/30/16 06:38 AM

What are you talking about here?? The floor pan is flat on 67 B-bodies. I'll go out and get a picture to avoid the ensuing argument.

Re: Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/30/16 07:21 AM

Pic 1 Shows a bare floor and it is flat. pic 2 You can see the blue floor has the pedal sitting on the lat floor.

The way the gas pedal is installed is there is a rectangular hole cut in the heel pad in the carpet. A rectangle shaped white foam piece goes under the carpet to hold the heel pad up so the gas pedal sits flush on the heel pad.

Description: Bare floor, and the blue one has no carpet and the pedal is sitting on the floor.
Attached picture image.jpg
Attached picture image.jpg
Posted By: Mills

Re: Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/30/16 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By NANKET
What are you talking about here?? The floor pan is flat on 67 B-bodies. I'll go out and get a picture to avoid the ensuing argument.

Wow - did I ever pay close attn to what I cut out haha. I swore there was the rectangular boss...but that clearly shows I was smoking in the garage that day

Many thx NANKET!!

Re: Gas Pedal Swap? - 09/30/16 10:23 PM

Glad to help out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums