Moparts

how to remove windshield wiper arms

Posted By: moparpro

how to remove windshield wiper arms - 08/16/16 12:48 AM

i want to remove the transmission arms from under dash to rebuild with new gaskets etc. thanks
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: how to remove windshield wiper arms - 08/16/16 01:03 AM

Not sure what car you are working on....if a 67-70 B body you need to get under the dash on your back.....you may need to remove some other items in the way to access. good luck!
Posted By: moparpro

Re: how to remove windshield wiper arms - 08/16/16 02:16 AM

69 b body,i have the speedometer dash parts out and i can see it.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: how to remove windshield wiper arms - 08/16/16 06:27 AM

My Coronet has AC and I was able to pull them with the heater box in and the gauge cluster, harness, radio and glove box liner out. As long as you have the wiper motor arm unbolted from the motor or the clip and cam removed, it's just a matter of removing the two nuts from the cowl bolts that secure either pivot housing. There's a foam seal between the hole in the cowl and the pivot body that makes them stuck in there pretty good, but a couple thumps from a rubber mallet will get em out of there all in one piece without disassembling the whole deal. I restored and reassembled mine and got it all back in with a new seal kit, easy peezy. The wiring harness will likely be your biggest battle.
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: how to remove windshield wiper arms - 08/16/16 01:17 PM

I put new pivot seals in without much disassembled in a b body. Its been years ago and i recall only having the heater box out for a new core when i did the pivots.
© 2024 Moparts Forums