Moparts

How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel?

Posted By: Airgrabber

How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel? - 08/14/16 12:36 AM

I have tried both a needle nose and a channel lock pliers and wrecked 2 accelerator bezels now. Someone suggested a channel lock pipe wrench too. Same thing. These repo-parts are not like the originals. I wonder if a Vice grip needle nose would work by bending 1 side down first before installing it on the pedal? What have you guys done in the past that works. Thank you.
help
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel? - 08/14/16 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By Airgrabber
I have tried both a needle nose and a channel lock pliers and wrecked 2 accelerator bezels now. Someone suggested a channel lock pipe wrench too. Same thing. These repo-parts are not like the originals. I wonder if a Vice grip needle nose would work by bending 1 side down first before installing it on the pedal? What have you guys done in the past that works. Thank you.
help

I usually use my fingers to bend the 4 tabs over
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel? - 08/14/16 01:50 AM

if they are real brittle what about heating them up with an acet torch (grab a helper!) then bending them clos(er) to their final position?
Posted By: Airgrabber

Re: How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel? - 08/14/16 03:54 AM

The Gas pedal bezel has 8 tabs about 1/8" long. There is mo way that I can bend them over with my fingers.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel? - 08/14/16 03:58 AM

Try using a flat screwdriver and gently pressure the tabs while holding the other side flush against the rubber pad with your hand
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel? - 08/14/16 04:07 AM

Take what ever size channel locks that fit and wrap masking tape around the jaws so they won't scratch.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: How do you bend the tabs on the gas pedal bezel? - 08/14/16 05:11 AM

I've always pressed the side of a flat screwdriver into them or used pliers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums