Moparts

Turn Signal Terminals

Posted By: bobby66

Turn Signal Terminals - 08/04/16 05:12 PM

I am working on a '66 Charger and repairing some hacked wiring. Does anyone know where I can find the terminals that go in the turn signal switch connector?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Turn Signal Terminals - 08/04/16 11:16 PM

I think classic industries would. EDIT I'm thinking these ain't "Packard 56" male/female 1/4" brass terminals but if so NAPA has em (not cheap but would be a local trip) for 99 cents ea. 725145 725147. online from various places they'd be much cheaper but there'd be the wait time
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Turn Signal Terminals - 08/05/16 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By RapidRobert
I think classic industries would. EDIT I'm thinking these ain't "Packard 56" male/female 1/4" brass terminals but if so NAPA has em (not cheap but would be a local trip) for 99 cents ea. 725145 725147. online from various places they'd be much cheaper but there'd be the wait time

The oem stuff is different but my aftermarket connector looks like it takes the type 56. I think my troubles are over now.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Turn Signal Terminals - 08/05/16 03:05 AM

on the Packard 56 types, on the new ones you will see a tab on the back flat side & you want to raise it up up a bit from "flush" so when you pull the crimped/soldered wire/new terminal backwards into the connector the tab will "snap" (you'll hear it) which locks it into place. also fit each female terminal with one of the males & crimp the curved edges of the females just right so each "pair" has a snug fit cuz you dont want to have to seperate everything right when you are connecting the two halves back together. I would suggest some Kopprcoat (brand name) or dielectric grease on the males. when removing the old females, stick an eyeglass mini screwdriver down in the rectangle in the connector on the back side & depress that aforementioned tab & when it is depressed the right amt the wire/terminal will easily pull out the back side & if it wont then go back in with the screwdriver till it will. EDIT on depressing the tab on the old ones do not use the connector rectangle "walls" as leverage by angling the screwdriver, instead move the screwdriver held straight, "in" to depress the tab further toward "flush" as needed
© 2024 Moparts Forums