Moparts

line locks

Posted By: richard h

line locks - 08/02/16 12:06 PM

have a 69 dart. my propotionating valve has 4 lines coming out and going to all 4 brakes. so i put my line lock in after the master on the front brake line coming out,it is brand new from jeggs. you can hear the sylonoid actuating when you press the button but it will not lock the front brakes. i have never seen a prop valve like this with a line comming out for all four brakesshould i go after the prop valve and try to tee in?
Posted By: Stanton

Re: line locks - 08/02/16 02:54 PM

Is the solenoid mounted backwards? The solenoid only stops the flow one way.

How many lines go into the prop valve? If there are 4 out there should be two in.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: line locks - 08/02/16 03:03 PM

Just to clear something up in the way you worded it. You installed it on the line coming out of the rear of the master cylinder, correct? The front line of the master cylinder feeds the rear brakes.

So you mash the brake pedal, press the linelock button, release the pedal, and the car still moves forward?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: line locks - 08/02/16 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By richard h
have a 69 dart. my propotionating valve has 4 lines coming out and going to all 4 brakes. so i put my line lock in after the master on the front brake line coming out,it is brand new from jeggs. you can hear the sylonoid actuating when you press the button but it will not lock the front brakes. i have never seen a prop valve like this with a line comming out for all four brakesshould i go after the prop valve and try to tee in?

This is very confusing, first tell us what modifications were made to your braking system because

A) a 69 dart did not come with a proportioning valve that has 4 lines coming out of it and

B) The DISTRIBUTION block that it has/had stock does not have a separate line for each rear brake ..
Posted By: red 69 runner

Re: line locks - 08/08/16 02:40 AM

I just got a moroso one from summit and the instructions show connecting the line for the front brakes to the unit and out of the unit you need a seperate tee fitting to connect the front brake lines to,the front brake lines do not connect to the same block as the back brakes,you have to plug up the hole that the front brake lines off the master cylendar connect to.

Re: line locks - 08/08/16 02:53 AM

'69 RR ... cut the line out of the master for the front brakes, installed the line lock. Everything works fine.
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: line locks - 08/08/16 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By richard h

I am not trying to be a smart a$$, but you need to apply pressure to the brake first, hold, and hit the button

Re: line locks - 08/08/16 02:38 PM

Quote:
but you need to apply pressure to the brake first, hold, and hit the button

The solenoid is a a one-way valve. You can hold the button then apply the brakes and the fluid will still flow to the brakes.
© 2024 Moparts Forums