Moparts

Who is making Hemi A body K members??

Posted By: Troy

Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/06/09 11:35 PM

Looks like I'm starting a new project. I picked up 1968 Dart and I'm going to make a Hemi Dart "Recreation". I have always wanted to do this so I'm jumping in with both feet.

My question is where do I go for a K member?? I talked to the guys over at SS & AFX but I wondered if there is any other ideas out there.

Also if anybody has any picture of a Hemi A boys K member that would also help.

Thanks,
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/07/09 01:09 AM

I'd go ahead and have Greg make it for you, he sure has the skills and know-how
and he's a heck of a nice guy too

Re: Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/07/09 02:56 AM

Greg told me how to do it. He said that you can't build it outside of the car. Each K member has to be in the car and mocked up with the engine and trans. I'm OK with that but I'm just asking if there is any other way.

Thanks again.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/07/09 03:13 AM

There is a guy that did my 69 chargers wedge k-frame. He made a jig and has about 8 different ones to convert the regular k-frames to the hemi style. He bought original hemi k-frames and made jigging fixtures to make the hemi conversion. I can hook you up with him. Top notch work.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/07/09 04:34 AM

Call FirmFeel and see if they are still making them. At one time they had a jig to make Hemi K frames as well a BB K frame for A body cars. Firm Feel does a lot of K frame stuff.
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/07/09 01:47 PM

troy: i bought 1 that came from a place in califoria, hemispherical products, i believe, and it needed tweeking to be correct.(i wasn't the orginal buyer). i thought i was ahead in the game because i found the k and i bought 1 of the plastic blocks to trial fit everything. lucky for me i decided to install the real block before i decided i was finished because i had to tweek it somemore! i will take some pics and pm them to you later today. my advise on your project is measure, measure, and measure again and then double check every thing again to make sure your right!!!lol dave

Attached picture 5007186-DSCF1612.JPG
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/07/09 05:52 PM

troy: sent you a pm. dave

Attached picture 5007638-DSCF1078.JPG

Re: Who is making Hemi A body K members?? - 02/08/09 02:44 AM

Thanks for all the good advice!! I'm taking notes as we speak!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums