Moparts

Stuck clutch

Posted By: Lawn Monkey

Stuck clutch - 05/31/08 09:36 AM

My clutch is stuck, pedal and pressure plate feel fine but the I think the disc is rusted to the fly wheel, any ideas on how to free it up? Car has been in storage since 96 so its a lack of use thing and hope to find a way to break it free.........
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: Stuck clutch - 05/31/08 02:23 PM

put the car in gear and push the clutch in and get some people to rock the car forward and backward. Another option is to hold the clutch pedal to the floor and jam a thin putty knife between the disc and the flywheel.
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Stuck clutch - 05/31/08 02:42 PM

Usually you can put the car on jack stands and get on/off the throttle in gear and it will become un-stuck. Make sure all of the fingers are at an even level on the pp as well.

Sounds like a cool car!

Re: Stuck clutch - 05/31/08 04:16 PM

Thanks guys, I got it unstuck before I knew I had any replies......

I just put it in 1st gear and bumped the starter a few times and it released itself,,,,,,,,, I appreciate your advice just the same , very cool indeed..... Here are a couple pics ,, I am so wired just hearing this car run again , 12 years is a looong time to be sitting but all seems OK.......[image][/image]

[image][/image]
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Stuck clutch - 05/31/08 04:54 PM

That is totally cool! How come such a long nap? Is that a factory installed T/A hood as well?

Re: Stuck clutch - 05/31/08 08:31 PM

Quote:

That is totally cool! How come such a long nap? Is that a factory installed T/A hood as well?

Thanks ,it was in storage a 12 years cause I just plain did not have enough funds to do anything with it , I bought the car when I was 19 and now I am 47 ........... The T/A items on the car all came off a totaled out T/A that I bought in 85......
© 2024 Moparts Forums