Moparts

Will a '73 Dart 4dr sedan hood fit a '74 Dart Sport??

Posted By: Polarapete

Will a '73 Dart 4dr sedan hood fit a '74 Dart Sport?? - 06/06/16 02:12 AM

I have not worked at a wrecking yard since 1986 and no longer have easy access to a Hollander Interchange Manual so I need to know for a friend what hood will fit his Dart Sport. We built a Cold Air Induction system for his car and while the scoops are open they don't allow him to get much benefit from the system. He has a mild 360 on a high rise with a Quick Fuel 650 cfm double pump carb. He runs w/o an air filter at the track and it is so close to the hood that he cannot even use a proper vent tube for the fuel bowls. I found a '73 Dart being parted out and think the hood would probably fit his car. We could then cut up the Dart hood and bond a proper scoop that will allow more air and a big air filter. He could then keep his original hood stock in case he wanted to sell the car and I have plenty of room to store it at my shop. So will it fit and what is the model year range if that one gets sold??

Attached picture ShopBurnout.jpg
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Will a '73 Dart 4dr sedan hood fit a '74 Dart Sport?? - 06/06/16 05:02 AM

same hood
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Will a '73 Dart 4dr sedan hood fit a '74 Dart Sport?? - 06/06/16 01:43 PM

So will a 69 Barracuda... wave
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Will a '73 Dart 4dr sedan hood fit a '74 Dart Sport?? - 06/06/16 06:23 PM

As mentioned, '69 Barracuda and any '73 through '76 Dart hood will interchange. This includes a '76 Dart Lite hood with the aluminum underside framework. But you'd need lighter hood springs for that one because it weighs 10-15lbs less than an all-steel version.
© 2024 Moparts Forums