Moparts

Valve Spring Question

Posted By: elmor353

Valve Spring Question - 06/05/16 05:29 AM

Has anyone ever used Melling VS1120 small block valve springs? If you have how did you like them? Do they come with dampers? Every picture I've seen of them shows the spring with a damper, but Summit and Jeg's say it doesn't come with one. Even the Melling catalog shows it with a damper, but it doesn't say it comes with one. Just curious.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Valve Spring Question - 06/05/16 11:33 AM

As you know some pics are generic. I'd call em back & get a different tech & repeat the Q & might be a stretch but see if he can pull out a set (might take him awhile) but if they are on commission it might motivate him
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Valve Spring Question - 06/05/16 05:59 PM

Call Mellings and ask them, get the straight scoop as well as get the installed hieght and pressures and the open pressures and lift at fully opened application upscope
Posted By: elmor353

Re: Valve Spring Question - 06/09/16 01:24 AM

Melling VS1120 definitely comes with damper. They are the same spec as Comp 901, but much less expensive. Bought a set from Northern Auto for $34 + shipping.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Valve Spring Question - 06/09/16 07:20 PM

Good find. I think I found them on Rockauto under the Enginequest brand.

R.

Check out this copy from the Summit page:

Q:
Summit's website says this spring does not come with a damper. The manufacturers site says it does. Anyone know for sure?

Asked by EDWIN on June 06, 2016

A:
Thank you for your question. Melling VS-1120 does come with a damper spring.

Summit RacingSummit Racing Answer - June 08, 2016
© 2024 Moparts Forums