Moparts

Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS

Posted By: Hemi_Ram

Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/05/09 09:28 PM

Anyone have any experience with these hoods? They are fairly reasonable and close to me, but I don't want to buy one regretting later if the quality isn't there. Thanks

Attached picture 5003393-97453307.jpg
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/05/09 09:43 PM

run Forrest run
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/05/09 11:26 PM

The best I've seen are from AAR in Florida.

Now if you were inclined to make your own I have a beautiful '69 RR hood mold for sale !!
Posted By: hemi471

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/05/09 11:27 PM

Junk!!!
Posted By: Classof70Chally

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 12:21 AM

I bought a T/A rear spoiler from them once. The best bodyman in the world would not have been able to save it . I sent it right back. Run Forrest Run!!!
Posted By: Hemi_Ram

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 01:27 AM

Thanks guys for your feedback..
Posted By: Ari440

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 01:38 AM

there not the best hoods but for the money you spend there fine

ligth weigth hood you can lift off with one hand

the parting line is a little off , fenders to hood

I bougth mine over 15 years ago $200 and $75 shipping and handling

some pics

Posted By: StandOnIt

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 11:53 AM

I just bought one from US Body Sourse in Florida. Its kinda rough too. Approx 4 weeks late, even when they said it had already been sent out and wasn't. It was very hard getting them on the phone and when ya did, it was like talking to a brick wall. They want you to use email to talk with them but will never reply to it either. Stick with AAR for a quality glass part..
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 04:21 PM

I had oe on my 69 runner. It fit nice, was smooth, didn't take much prep work, etc... however it was lightweight and a little flimsy. I sold the car, but had I kept it, I would have braced the hood. I got it back when they were 179 and to me that was a deal. For the price they are decent, but like I said flimsy.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 04:24 PM

In the early 90s I wanted to return ther junk but the refund would have been for credit I must re use with them. Dont know if thats still the policy.
Posted By: 74RR

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 05:19 PM

Quote:

In the early 90s I wanted to return ther junk but the refund would have been for credit I must re use with them. Dont know if thats still the policy.

Yep,that's still their policy.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 10:19 PM

Dont buy from them. If you can live with a lift off hood they are much much less $$$ than a bolt on. When I bought my lift off hood from AAR in 1999 it was 1/2 the price of their bolt on. AAR is the only place Ive dealt with and their hood was fantastic.
Posted By: crlush

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/06/09 11:33 PM

they still use the same ads from when I was in 5th grade reading hot rod magazine (im almost 40 now) I think they use the same molds too. the only way I would use one of those hoods is if I had a car I stored outside and didnt want to get the engine wet while it was sitting there. dont waste your money.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/07/09 03:42 AM

Molds don't go bad !!
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/07/09 05:59 AM

Quote:

Molds don't go bad !!

I hope thats sarcasm....
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 02/07/09 01:44 PM

You want a down and dirty cheap lightweight hood that poses as a factory hood? Thats what its good for. Cheap, looks good from 25 ft away. A friend bought one for his 69 GTX race car And it fits the bill perfect. If you want something that looks like it was made of metal and fits really well, go with AAR. US body source has poor quality, i have bought some scoops from Unlimited, but those needed work to to make them decent too, but the thickness of the material was nice. Just me personal experiences.
Posted By: rockerbob

Re: Fiberglass lift off hoods from MAS - 03/04/09 01:14 AM

I got one on my 69 Satellite bracket car 2 years ago. Its not the best fitting hood. Also the packing liner scratched it badly....however for the price & the real lite weight. I cant say I'm unhappy with it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums