Moparts

superbee taillights

Posted By: markrr

superbee taillights - 02/05/09 07:21 PM

Are ther 2 types of superbee taillights? I was under the understanding that some taillights had 2 light bulbs in them and some had 3. Is this true? If so why the difference?
Posted By: klunick

Re: superbee taillights - 02/05/09 07:26 PM

I don't know if it was a mid-year type of thing or not but I have both types so they do exist. I was more interested in the bezel and surprised to see the configuration when the latter pair showed up. I figure I will just reuse my original housing and the latter bezel. Sorry not much help here.
Posted By: burdar

Re: superbee taillights - 02/05/09 07:30 PM

Can we see a picture of what you are talking about?

Re: superbee taillights - 02/05/09 07:31 PM

I don't know how true it is but I was told that one set would catch on fire so that's why Dodge changed them.

Re: superbee taillights - 02/05/09 07:33 PM

Quote:

Can we see a picture of what you are talking about?

I'll take a picture of the ones I have later. I'm not sure if they're the 2 or 3 bulb taillights.
Posted By: 2DoorPost

Re: superbee taillights - 02/05/09 08:16 PM

I don't know why,but one style had one bulb for reverse one bulb for stop/running light the other style had one bulb for reverse and two bulbs for stop/running lights.The three bulb type are definitly brighter!
Posted By: skajm

Re: superbee taillights - 02/05/09 08:18 PM

my 69 has three lights per side. what year are you talking about
Posted By: klunick

Re: superbee taillights - 02/06/09 02:32 PM

It is for a 69. Which type were suppose to be fire hazards.
Posted By: DBishop68

Re: superbee taillights - 02/06/09 02:52 PM

AUG thru DEC cars had 1 brake light bulb.JAN thru JULY had 2 brake light bulbs.Later lens is also different,lens is raised up flush with chrome bezel. Better,brighter,brake lights on late cars.
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: superbee taillights - 02/06/09 04:34 PM

Quote:

AUG thru DEC cars had 1 brake light bulb.JAN thru JULY had 2 brake light bulbs.Later lens is also different,lens is raised up flush with chrome bezel. Better,brighter,brake lights on late cars.

Very well put!
KID
© 2024 Moparts Forums