Moparts

Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb !

Posted By: 72 RR DUDE

Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb ! - 05/29/16 08:05 PM

Have a 440 six pack with 484 purple shaft cam and 915 heads 30 over with 411 rear gears with a tricked up auto that is in my 72 RR.witch can't even spin the tires!!! I have a locking gas cap that is hard to take off so on Saturday i took it off before going to the gas station went on the highway put the hammer down and it wanted to rip the tires off! Long story short I thought about this and discovered that I had a unvented gas cap on and vent line that run's with the 3/8 fuel line to the front I had hooked up to the little vent tube on the six pack filter thus having no venting at all. At least after 5 years after the restoration I stumbled onto the problem before I started ripping the motor apart.

Dumb Dumb Dumb
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb ! - 05/29/16 08:18 PM

Not dumb at all brother, just part of the learning curve we all go thru (& we all have funny and horror stories). Any more issues just holler if you wanna let it go & get out from under the "problem". I'd be glad to help out a Moparts brother
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb ! - 05/29/16 08:56 PM

I tend to kick myself in the [censored] almost daily for the dumb stuff I do. Seems to have gotten worse as I have gotten older.
Posted By: MidPenMopar

Re: Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb ! - 05/29/16 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By mopars4ever
I tend to kick myself in the [censored] almost daily for the dumb stuff I do. Seems to have gotten worse as I have gotten older.

Amen to that brother!
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb ! - 05/29/16 09:27 PM

My CRS is getting worse lately too... always happens with age wink
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb ! - 05/30/16 05:26 AM

I get stubble on my face after not shaving for a few days.
I stubbed my toes a lot when I was a kid.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: Anyone ever stubble on to the answer for something dumb ! - 05/30/16 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Not dumb at all brother, just part of the learning curve we all go thru (& we all have funny and horror stories). Any more issues just holler if you wanna let it go & get out from under the "problem". I'd be glad to help out a Moparts brother

Amen to that… Well said RR…. I'm grateful to learn from reading posts like these..

might as well share a few:

Like the weird squeak-squeak-squeak I heard from the left front end only when making right hand turns… Chased it for a long long time… One day while troubleshooting I drove it with the hubcaps off… GONE. Turns out ONE of the hubcap tabs was weak and rubbing against the steelie rim just enough to make the squeak.

Then the "clunk" from the front passenger side when turning left and going over uneven pavement… Checked steering, steering arms & ends, tie rod ends, the LCA pivot, lower strut bolts, torsion bar, sway bar links… Kept getting worse.. Made me nervous enough I had to park it… One day stepping back to to just check every bolt I could see.. Turns out it was the right side K-frame bolts.

- Art
© 2024 Moparts Forums