Moparts

EXHAUST CUTOUTS

Posted By: magic1

EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 01:09 AM

1970 GTX ...HAVE TTI HEADERS WITH 3" PIPES NEVER USED...WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL ELECTRONIC EXHAUST CUTOUTS....FOR EFFECT...ANY SUGGESTIONS WHAT WOULD WORK BEST???
FRANK
917-817-8256
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 01:18 AM

DUDE HOW MANY TIMES YOU GONNA ASK IT AND FIX YOUR CAPS LOCK
Posted By: ProSport

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 02:35 AM

I just looked at Magic1's list of posts and I don't see where he's asked this question before. Maybe I missed it.

I love my DMH 3" electric cutouts, the kit comes with everything you need and they are good quality, plus he stands behind them as long as you don't smash them against the pavement.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 05:00 AM

I have Doug's electric exhaust cutouts on my car, They're great I love them. up

I got them from Maryland Speed, they seem to have the best price at $399 for the 3 inch kit for duals.
http://marylandspeed.com/dougs-electric-...0ak-p-3921.html
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 08:23 AM

Magic you can post all you want. I would suggest vac controlled cutouts in conjunction with a restricted (quiet) ex system. that way you are in stealth mode & when you nail it, it'll all be over in ten seconds & all you have to do is go collect the money from the (neutral) third party. they'll never know what hit em! If you have a 3" system rearward you will need to get creative in order to keep it to a reasonable roar (if desired). just me I would do a 3" or 3.5" cutout (whatever your collector dia is) for max horsepower/fear factor right there at the collector flange then T from it into a quiet system (2.5" with restricted (quiet) muffs) rearward. that way you dont have to mess with pulling (2) cables as your undivided attention is needed elsewhere
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By Sputnik

I got them from Maryland Speed, they seem to have the best price at $399 for the 3 inch kit for duals.

How long have you had them?
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted By Sputnik

How long have you had them?

I believe it's 3 years now that they've been on my car. work

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 04:59 PM

DMH ?
Posted By: ProSport

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By magic1
DMH ?

http://www.dmhperformance.com

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 08:24 PM

THANK YOU
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 09:15 PM

I used Dougs also. One of them stopped working a few times and I sent it back and they fixed the problem. I'm going on at least 3 years of having them installed.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/16/16 11:13 PM

Magic turn off the caps you don't need to yell we can hear you. This isn't facebook. If you need help figuring out how we can lead you through it step by step. whistling

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/17/16 04:19 PM

I ASKED FOR A LIFE JACKET....YOU THROW ME AN ANCHOR...THANKS FOR NOTHING
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/17/16 04:48 PM

Originally Posted By stumpy
Magic turn off the caps you don't need to yell we can hear you. This isn't facebook. If you need help figuring out how we can lead you through it step by step. whistling

Are we car people, or computer geeks? This pet peeve on Moparts seems really silly to me. It's not as if he walked up behind you and began to yell loudly in your ear.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/17/16 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By Fat_Mike
Originally Posted By stumpy

Are we car people, or computer geeks? This pet peeve on Moparts seems really silly to me. It's not as if he walked up behind you and began to yell loudly in your ear.

All sounds the same to me,actually I don't hear anything !!!! no
Posted By: stumpy

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/17/16 06:52 PM

I's called internet courtesy. Which the majority of posters here recognize. And as far as life jackets go you sure haven't thrown many since you've been here. shruggy
Posted By: sleddinfool

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/22/16 12:52 AM

I have the jegs ones on my 71 gtx $189.00-$289.00? They are the electric one and have been on my car for a year. You can hear them kind of rattle like as some exhaust does escape them. The rest of the exhaust is 3" all the way back. Only take a second to open them and car sounds great. They dump right under the doors. Kevin

Attached picture DSCF0449.JPG
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/22/16 03:48 AM

I have an original set of the Dougs..
Been on the RoadRunner for 10 years, they work well no leaks like the QTP butteryfly type. I would recommend when mounting weld a small side support bracket because they are bulky.. Also I replaced the Chinese sourced DPDT toggle switch with a mil-spec Cutler/Hammer switch better feel and more reliable...

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/22/16 05:17 AM

My car has sat for a year and today I started it up and broke in the new motor with the cutouts wide open. Everyonce in a while I would close them to check for engine noise, but all was good. They close like a guillotine and no rattles or escaped exhaust.
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: EXHAUST CUTOUTS - 05/22/16 04:07 PM

I have had several different sets of electric cut-outs on my cars over the years. Every set of butterfly cut-outs I have seen, leak. I have an older set of the Doug's on the Cuda now. They were expensive and are bulky. But they have taken a beating and still don't leak. Is it true that Doug's changed their design and no longer make that guillotine or sliding style?

Electric cut-outs are a blast. I use them more around car shows and cruises than at the track. I'll never have another muscle car without them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums