Moparts

99 durango heater motor removal??

Posted By: Lew

99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/04/09 07:02 PM

anyone done this? how crazy is it to do? any tips? i have laid on my back and looked, but all im seeing is a mess. at low rpm i heard a bit of a rubbing sound, went to full thottle and ran fine, turned it off, wont fire back up, fuse is good, wassup??
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/04/09 07:30 PM

Have you checked the fuses and heater motor resistor?

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/04/09 07:48 PM

fuse is good, where is resister located?
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/04/09 08:19 PM

Passenger side, under dash. A bit cumbersome to do, but not hard.

Common problem. Stealership should stock them.

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/04/09 08:44 PM

thanks, is there any way to test it when i get it out?
Posted By: Cuda340

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/04/09 09:02 PM

Sure, use an OHM meter and see if you have different resistances through the different levels if the resistance is open than you know you have a bad resistor.

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/04/09 09:27 PM

thanks,i was thinking in that direction, just thought i would see if i could get a conformation, thanks again, im headed to the garage now, to cold here for no heat.
Posted By: therocks

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/05/09 11:51 AM

You for sure dont want to change the motor.The entire box has to come out.Its a real pain.Rocky
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: 99 durango heater motor removal?? - 02/05/09 03:58 PM

I think that the dash has to come off in order to gain access to the blower motor. I know for fact this is true for the heater core and evaporator. If you do have to do this job, by yourself or having it done I suggest you do all of the above at the same time. The parts are cheap compared to the work involved. This is a big deal and expensive to have done. For more details go here http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/index.php?

Ken
© 2024 Moparts Forums