Moparts

Duster Headlight Switch Replacement

Posted By: old340dog

Duster Headlight Switch Replacement - 05/04/16 10:10 PM

I've got a bad headlight switch in my duster and need to replacement. Never done this before so I'm looking for some pointers and advice. Looked under the dash what is the best to get the old one out and the new one in? Is it better to pull the instrument cluster to get to the switch. I see there is a button to push to get the shaft out, then unscrew the lock nut to release the switch from the dash. The trick it appears is being able to the old one out, unplugged, the new one plugged in and back up under the dash.
thanks,
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Duster Headlight Switch Replacement - 05/04/16 10:26 PM

Not the hard to reach once you get after it.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Duster Headlight Switch Replacement - 05/04/16 10:42 PM

pull a batt cable. tape a penny to your thumb. pull switch all the way out to headlites on. push the button on underside up & work it and the knob till it wants to come out the rest of the way, then you can access the notched bezel screw. work the connector up & off of the switch evenly
Posted By: old340dog

Re: Duster Headlight Switch Replacement - 05/04/16 11:49 PM

Well I got the old switch out.Now just have to be double jointed try to get the plug back into the new switch. Being 62 years young, I find I'm not as flexible as I use to be. Take a break and finish it hopefully later.
© 2024 Moparts Forums