Moparts

67 cuda blower motor ground wire?

Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

67 cuda blower motor ground wire? - 05/03/16 11:37 PM

Trying to reassemble a 67 cuda that we did not take apart. There is a wire for the blower motor that has 2 eyelet holes in it for a ground. They are separate on the wire from one another. Dash is all in the car but have that wire that I am trying to locate where it goes. Any clues?

corey
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 67 cuda blower motor ground wire? - 05/04/16 01:10 PM

the wiring diagrams at www.mymopar.com MAY have that detail. What I would do is ohm em & see if checking basic continuity will help you locate where the other end of em goes to. or take it off & on your bench with a 12V battery see what you can figure out (always ohm everything to avoid any dead shorts)
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 67 cuda blower motor ground wire? - 05/04/16 02:26 PM

One for sure goes to the clamp for the tubes of the heater core inside the car where there is a single screw that goes through the clamp, can't remember off hand where the other one goes... work
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: 67 cuda blower motor ground wire? - 05/05/16 06:44 PM

thanks guys!!!
Posted By: Crazy73

Re: 67 cuda blower motor ground wire? - 05/05/16 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By Rhinodart
One for sure goes to the clamp for the tubes of the heater core inside the car where there is a single screw that goes through the clamp, can't remember off hand where the other one goes... work

IIRC the other goes to a ground on the inside of the dash. My heater box ('68 barracuda) is out of the car right now but the ground wiring is still connected at the heater core.
Posted By: burdar

Re: 67 cuda blower motor ground wire? - 05/05/16 07:11 PM

On my 68 Dart, the other wire goes to the body behind the kick panel.
© 2024 Moparts Forums