Moparts

67 -69 Barracuda grill & headlamp bezel resore

Posted By: 4mopower

67 -69 Barracuda grill & headlamp bezel resore - 04/26/16 04:46 PM

I was looking to have the bright trim on my 68 barracuda (grill, hl bezels, trunk trim ect.) restored. Who have you used?
Posted By: Erik

Re: 67 -69 Barracuda grill & headlamp bezel resore - 04/26/16 06:21 PM

I used MCB Metal restoration for my 68 Grille and bezels. They came out really nice. It wasn't cheap, and for what I paid I thought they would have fixed the mounting hardware and such, but they didn't.
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: 67 -69 Barracuda grill & headlamp bezel resore - 04/26/16 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By Erik
I used MCB Metal restoration for my 68 Grille and bezels. They came out really nice. It wasn't cheap, and for what I paid I thought they would have fixed the mounting hardware and such, but they didn't.

Those little studs are a pain in the rear to fix.

I am surprised they didnt fix them as part of the service.
Posted By: Crazy73

Re: 67 -69 Barracuda grill & headlamp bezel resore - 04/27/16 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By 19swinger70
Originally Posted By Erik

Those little studs are a pain in the rear to fix.

I am surprised they didnt fix them as part of the service.

I'm going to pop rivet my trim to the car, most of the studs have snapped off.

popcorn
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: 67 -69 Barracuda grill & headlamp bezel resore - 04/27/16 09:51 PM

I heard a guy at a swap meet say that he was able to take some small screws (10/32?) and tack weld them onto the spot where the stud broke off. If you are a patient person, it might work!
Posted By: Crazy73

Re: 67 -69 Barracuda grill & headlamp bezel resore - 04/28/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By 19swinger70
I heard a guy at a swap meet say that he was able to take some small screws (10/32?) and tack weld them onto the spot where the stud broke off. If you are a patient person, it might work!

Good idea, maybe a quick solder/braze would also work - I'd hate to burn through with the weld.
© 2024 Moparts Forums