Moparts

!!!

Posted By: fast414

!!! - 04/20/16 01:52 AM

Hey guys!! ....quick question. Can I get the fuel out of my gas tank by disconnecting the fuel line at my carb and cranking the engine ??
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: !!! - 04/20/16 01:58 AM

Bad idea..... Unless electric pump, which sounds like a no show in your court?
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: !!! - 04/20/16 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By fast414
Hey guys!! ....quick question. Can I get the fuel out of my gas tank by disconnecting the fuel line at my carb and cranking the engine ??

(Harbor Freight has a real cheap 'transfer pump'...
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: !!! - 04/20/16 02:12 AM

I'd get a T (some hardware store NPT pipe nipples (probably 1/8 NPT) and a T would would work fine & black fittings are slightly cheaper than galvanized fittings) & T it into the neoprene fuel line between pump and the carb and get 6ft of 5/16" neoprene fuel line & run it to a big jug & idle it & it'll be empty in minutes. EDIT oops! just hit me that the gas must be bad so you would not want to be introducing it into the carb!
Posted By: dvw

Re: !!! - 04/20/16 02:57 AM

Disconnect the line rag around the filler neck and add a LITTLE air. It'll pretty much all siphon out.
Doug
Posted By: skicker

Re: !!! - 04/20/16 12:48 PM

This ^^^^^
Years ago on the race car we had an extra fuel cell cap with a valve stem inserted to drain the fuel. Works good for everything except a small amount in the end...maybe a quart or so... twocents
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: !!! - 04/20/16 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By RS23U1G
Originally Posted By fast414

(Harbor Freight has a real cheap 'transfer pump'...

I just used one of those HF pumps last week, love the smell of 10 year old fuel... puke
© 2024 Moparts Forums