Moparts

electric fuel pump

Posted By: btomasko

electric fuel pump - 02/02/09 09:04 PM

had installed an carter electric fuel pump, to noisy, disconnected it, use regular fuel pump on engine. ran line from tank to in side of disconnected electrical fuel pump and the other line to pump on engine from other side of disconnected electric fuel pump. What problems if any would be going to happen? possible vapor lock? thanks 1968 rr
Posted By: MNobody

Re: electric fuel pump - 02/02/09 09:07 PM

I would have to wonder if going through the unused electric pump might restrict fuel flow.
Posted By: bboogieart

Re: electric fuel pump - 02/02/09 09:29 PM

I wonder why you would even bother. If you ain't gonna use it, take it out, or at least bypass it.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: electric fuel pump - 02/02/09 09:34 PM

I'd remove it all. If you have the can style filter you WILL suck it dry and then your engine will bog until it fills again. FWIW nobody needs an electric fuel pump on a carb'd car unless you are running low 11's. A mech pump is fine.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: electric fuel pump - 02/02/09 10:29 PM

Not with the fuel around here, especially the middle of summer. THe gas boils super easy around here.
Posted By: btomasko

Re: electric fuel pump - 02/03/09 01:33 AM

BTT
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: electric fuel pump - 02/03/09 02:26 AM

Quote:

Not with the fuel around here, especially the middle of summer. THe gas boils super easy around here.

never ever have had issues w/ gas boiling. You must have your fuel line too close to the block. It gets upper 90's 100 here in the summer. And we have traffic. My trick is I always bend the line from the pump to the carb at least 1/2" form the block and even futher above the intake/heads. You also should always use a carb spacer. a 4 hole 1/2 inch works wonders.
© 2024 Moparts Forums