Posted By: ns1aar

Ball joints - 03/27/16 10:25 PM

70 Cuda what are the good ones these days
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Ball joints - 03/28/16 01:21 AM

Generally I prefer the PST Polygraphite kits, no issues when installed properly
Posted By: loco340cuda

Re: Ball joints - 03/28/16 02:15 AM

I recently bought a set from NAPA I was told they were MOOG brand. They showed up in Napa boxes but said Made in USA.

I have also heard Summit Racing is a good place to get MOOG as well as Rock Auto.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Ball joints - 03/28/16 02:21 AM

Try to find some old TRW kind of hard now a days.Cheaper and better than Moog.We used PST a few years ago and the qualoty wasnt bad.Rocky
Posted By: moparx

Re: Ball joints - 03/28/16 03:15 PM

moog quality has gone down hill in recent years due to out sourcing of product line. i now look else where for suspension parts. i can't make a recommendation as i have yet to make up my mind on a reliable brand name.
beer
Posted By: whomper1

Re: Ball joints - 03/28/16 03:28 PM

i hate the overseas stuff, it doesnt last long, even in the not used too often older cars

forget about the new cars driven alot, all that overseas suspension stuff becomes a regular maintence item to change.

funny because of the retailer who is having the part made required them to make it better, they would. they seem to last in the new vehicles
Posted By: jbc426

Re: Ball joints - 03/29/16 01:52 PM

After a few sets of Moog's I bought from Summit fell apart in my hand when removing them from the box, while I was trying to replacing a previous set of Moogs that lasted only a few thousand miles; I gave up on Moog. The first set were well greased too. Absolute garbage!

These latest ball joints seem to be holding up well, but I've only got less than a few thousand miles on them. They shipped out of Texas and were similar in price to the Moogs. I'll do a long term update when I have more miles on them.

http://www.xrfchassis.com/parts-balljoints.htm
© 2024 Moparts Forums