Moparts

68 b-body channel felt

Posted By: car48nut

68 b-body channel felt - 03/24/16 07:52 PM

Can anyone tell me what the window felt that glues into the window track is called and do they make it Thanks I am talking about the roll up windows
Posted By: Stanton

Re: 68 b-body channel felt - 03/24/16 11:01 PM

Hmmm ... I think you're talking about the mylar strips - it doesn't glue in. Scan through the recent posts - someone else is discussing those. They are still available from dealers but the best deal for them is from Dante's. They ain't cheap for what you get !!

https://dantesparts.com/shop/mopar-catal...channel-guides/
Posted By: Stanton

Re: 68 b-body channel felt - 03/24/16 11:02 PM

You also need 2 for the rear pop-out windows
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: 68 b-body channel felt - 03/25/16 01:34 AM

There are also two on the rear guides for the door glass located inside the door. They are a larger U shape but not as long.
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: 68 b-body channel felt - 03/25/16 02:03 AM

For our purposes, we call them the lock side channel runs. They are a heavy grade of rubber with a flocking that is held in place with two rivets and a glue like adhesive. Most people do not replace them when the doors are apart, but the flocking does wear away and after forty plus years, it is mostly just a piece of rubber inside the channel. The thing about these pieces is that the channel is different for the hardtops, convertibles and sedans. So if you are wanting to replace them, you will need to make sure of the correct style to order.
Posted By: car48nut

Re: 68 b-body channel felt - 03/25/16 02:45 AM

what would I call them when I look for them?
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: 68 b-body channel felt - 03/25/16 03:47 PM

the link i gave you in your other post has a blow up with the 'proper' names of all those pieces. Dixie has them all as do alot of other places.
© 2024 Moparts Forums