Moparts

Pertronix ignition

Posted By: JJ6PACK

Pertronix ignition - 02/01/09 04:43 AM

I've had some problems with the points,should I try electronic ignition?Does it make a horsepower difference?The other issue is authenticity,is it worth it?
Posted By: SPWC

Re: Pertronix ignition - 02/01/09 04:48 AM

Pertronix is an easy install. Take the points and condensor out,put them in your glove box.

Install the magnetic pickup plate,then the reluctor over the shaft of the dizzy. Gap the pickup with the plastic piece provided,install the rotor provided and the cap. Run the wires,Red to + side of the coil,Black to the - Side of the coil. DONE!! Everything is under the stock cap and looks like an OEM setup.

It is recommended you also purchase a Flamethrower coil for a hotter spark,I didnt though and the car runs alright.
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: Pertronix ignition - 02/01/09 04:52 AM

this is well worth the price,I installed it on my 67 bele 2 and it was like night and day, starting was a snap and had a smoother idle also.
Posted By: JJ6PACK

Re: Pertronix ignition - 02/01/09 05:06 AM

Thanks for the info,I'm on the fence.I'm trying to keep original but starting and the top end has been bad.
Posted By: Dakota_Don

Re: Pertronix ignition - 02/01/09 07:06 PM

Pertronix is comming out with an ignitor III in march, supposed to be some kinda multi spark i beleive..
© 2024 Moparts Forums