Moparts

1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield?

Posted By: seventy

1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 12:50 AM

Not sure the correct name for this part, it covers the trunk rod and back of the lights, does anyone have a picture of one, or know what they are called, or where to find one? thanks

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 02:00 AM

ok, so while looking through my parts, it seems that I have a pair of inner tail light covers (actually 2 sets, 1 used oem, and 1 NOS), is there anything that goes over the lock mech, or just them covers?
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 03:20 AM

Just the 2 covers!

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 03:43 AM

thanks, I am glad to hear that, I hate when I am missing parts, it costs me money...
Posted By: a12rag

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 08:16 PM

I used trunk lock unit off a 5th avenue, took the complete lock assembly and the wiring harness all the way up to the glove box, and the switch . . . so now have remote trunk release (electrical) in the glove box !!! Also installed remote keyless entry and then trunk release . . . car is 1970 Sport Satellite . . . never need to use the key to unlock/lock the car, or open the trunk !! . . . I like the new car stuff - even put the auto dimming rear view mirror, with temp., compass and homelink . . . gotta look twice to notice . . . build the car for you !!

Attached picture Satellite2 Leth May 2013.jpg
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By seventy
ok, so while looking through my parts, it seems that I have a pair of inner tail light covers (actually 2 sets, 1 used oem, and 1 NOS), is there anything that goes over the lock mech, or just them covers?

Please send me the NOS pair.

That is all.

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By a12rag
I used trunk lock unit off a 5th avenue, took the complete lock assembly and the wiring harness all the way up to the glove box, and the switch . . . so now have remote trunk release (electrical) in the glove box !!! Also installed remote keyless entry and then trunk release . . . car is 1970 Sport Satellite . . . never need to use the key to unlock/lock the car, or open the trunk !! . . . I like the new car stuff - even put the auto dimming rear view mirror, with temp., compass and homelink . . . gotta look twice to notice . . . build the car for you !!

Sounds awesome, I feel like I would go either one way or the other, either mostly stock or hardley stock bodies, so either a stock body with stock moldings and hardware or all out with single piece glass in the power doors (get rid of the vent windows), trimmed drip rails, oversize the windshield and rear glass openings to get rid of the reveals, shave the door handles, paint the bumpers, etc etc etc ....

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/17/16 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By Big Bad Bee
Originally Posted By seventy

Please send me the NOS pair.

That is all.

whats the address, lol... I'll trade you if you have a NOS rear bumper smile
Posted By: Morty426

Re: 1970 super-bee rear panel inner trunk shield? - 02/18/16 05:53 AM

There is no cover for the lock
© 2024 Moparts Forums