Moparts

Push button removal

Posted By: 70barracuda

Push button removal - 02/11/16 12:10 AM

Hello, Got a 64 Fury push button car, Can you take the 2- cables off under the dash, I want to remove dash. I see one has a clip, the other does not, can it be done this way or do they have to come out of trans. Thank You
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Push button removal - 02/11/16 12:58 AM

i think there are 2 3/8 nuts holding it in place--they are way inside the housing--take it loose--let it hang--remove the dash---my guess is your arent getting rid of them.....
Posted By: 70barracuda

Re: Push button removal - 02/11/16 01:33 AM

The 2- nuts hold the bracket but the cable itself is snapped onto a pin/ rod. No pin and washer like the other side ? Mmm
Posted By: TJP

Re: Push button removal - 02/11/16 06:19 AM

Been a lot of years for me but I do know they can be disconnected at the dash end. Not easy as I recall but it may depend on your level of dash disassembly. I do seem to vaguely remember if the instrument cluster is removed it becomes a simple task shruggy
Maybe someone with a "better" memory will chime in beer
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: Push button removal - 02/11/16 08:26 PM

as I remember like my 62 dart there is 2 small nuts that attach it to the dash and then you can take out the dash I don recommend taking the cables off the shifter mech as it is a pain to reconecr
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Push button removal - 02/11/16 11:35 PM

Many dashes can be removed without disturbing the PB mechanism. Just back off the small set screw in the Park lever knob, remove the knob and the buttons remain in the mechanism when the dash is removed.

Sometimes there is a separate trim plate that has to come off before the dash.
© 2024 Moparts Forums