Moparts

appearance of bulkhead at firewall ?

Posted By: juicedcuda

appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 01/31/09 03:08 AM

What are some ways of cleaning up the appearance of the bulkhead at the firewall? Custom covers, etc?
Posted By: moparsquid

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 01/31/09 04:14 AM

ive never seen covers for the bulkhead con. most custom guys relocate it to the inside to smooth out the fire wall.
Posted By: Darius

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 01/31/09 02:08 PM

I welded patches into the holes I am not going to use and cleaned up the whole area. When I install new stuff (A/C, wire harness, etc.) I'll cut new holes in the best locations.

Attached picture 4988101-IMG_0190.JPG
Posted By: Darius

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 01/31/09 02:10 PM

2nd pic, I have it primed now, just no pic yet. It looks real clean.
This is during filling and sanding after patching

Attached picture 4988105-IMG_0237.JPG
Posted By: juicedcuda

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 01/31/09 02:28 PM

the bulkhead is the back side of the fuse panel correct? I wanted to avoid relocating the fuseblock.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 01/31/09 03:06 PM

Quote:

the bulkhead is the back side of the fuse panel correct? I wanted to avoid relocating the fuseblock.

Nope. The bulkhead has female terminals on the firewall from the passenger compartment and the engine side has harnesses with Male sides. Your fuseblock depends on the body. A-Body is on the left side of the dash by the kick panel, B body is usually in the glovebox. E-Body...I havent a clue

I have seen custom aluminum covers for those bulkheads and all the wires coming out of it are inserted at 90 degrees. Bit much.... A nice clean neatly wrapped harness looks just fine. Relocating the whole thing to the inside might look nice but in the long run, crawling underneath to disconnect something will be a PITA
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 01/31/09 05:30 PM

Mid 80's and up Dodge trucks and vans had a rubber boot like cover that covered the wires at the bulkhead connector on the engine side.
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 02/01/09 07:23 AM

Quote:

Your fuseblock depends on the body. A-Body is on the left side of the dash by the kick panel, B body is usually in the glovebox. E-Body...I havent a clue

on 71-74 B bodies same as E bodies fuseblock is on back of bulkhead, hold by clips provided on bulkhead.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: appearance of bulkhead at firewall ? - 02/01/09 07:22 PM

Quote:

What are some ways of cleaning up the appearance of the bulkhead at the firewall? Custom covers, etc?

Pull the bulkhead connection inside, as on '76-'78 F-bodies:

© 2024 Moparts Forums