Moparts

Magnum engine harness question

Posted By: Wyle E Coyote

Magnum engine harness question - 01/21/16 09:23 AM

I am considering buying a Dodge work van with a Magnum 360 in it to use in one of my projects. My plan is to strip the complete engine and transmission out, along with the computer and the whole front wiring harness. Does anyone know where I would find the wiring harness diagram so I could thin out the van circuits? Or is there a place that I could get a new harness?

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Magnum engine harness question - 01/21/16 01:07 PM

what year van?
I think I have it for 2000.

http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=sales-dcx

this place does what you want to do already. but they are pretty pricey for just doing that.

a couple of other members have done it for the odb1.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Magnum engine harness question - 01/21/16 03:26 PM

What year of van? 1995 and earlier will be OBD-1, and dissecting the harness is pretty simple. When I swapped in a 99 5.2 in my jeep, I used a 95 harness/ecu. The 96+ stuff is OBD-2. 20x more comlicated harness, ecu will not run without being reprogrammed.
Posted By: Wyle E Coyote

Re: Magnum engine harness question - 01/22/16 04:20 AM

Years? Well I have a line on a 91 and a 97. The 97 is a 3.9 come to find out. It's reportedly got 150k on it and currently runs and drives. The other is a 318, runs and drives, has 133k on it, but needs an alternator by the sound of it. The V6 would probably work fine in my Scout 2, since the older 360 I currently have in there is likely about the same power. And if it didn't work out, slipping a magnum V8 in wouldn't be that hard. The 318 would be going into my old TravelAll 4wd.

I started down this road while pricing out a 700R4 conversion for the TravelAll. The kit costs $600 just to bolt it to my IH motor. This truck is my DD right now and also serves as the family camping and exploring rig. So I'd like to be able to get down the road at better than 65. And since I'm NOT a Chevy guy, an LS or Vortec swap is a distant possibly.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Magnum engine harness question - 01/22/16 04:12 PM

For what you want to do, I'd go with the 91. Your swap will be overall much cheaper and easier.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Magnum engine harness question - 01/25/16 02:23 AM

Might help?

Attached picture Wiring 1a.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums