Moparts

big block in a dodge aspen

Posted By: Armdropdart68

big block in a dodge aspen - 01/02/16 04:41 PM

does anyone make headers for a 383/400 that will fit in an aspen.they can be fender well fender exit doesn't matter.
Posted By: sgcuda

Re: big block in a dodge aspen - 01/02/16 04:59 PM

I really get the feeling that you are going to be "Trial and Error" on this. Maybe a set of A body fender wells. Can you get hold of a beat up set cheap, to use as a test fit? You will probably be spending plenty of time either making something fit or custom build a set.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: big block in a dodge aspen - 01/02/16 05:16 PM

I put the schumacher tri-y headers on a 400 with raised port stage 6's. They sure are a bit restrictive and a little pricey, , but they fit.
Posted By: chargerbr549

Re: big block in a dodge aspen - 01/02/16 08:32 PM

This might be an interesting website to check out for possible info;

http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/classicmopar/
Posted By: 440newport

Re: big block in a dodge aspen - 01/02/16 11:08 PM

It's my understanding that B body headers will work, but you might need to beat on or modify the tube for #7 to clear the steering shaft. The upside to these cars is you don't have torsion bars in the way.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: big block in a dodge aspen - 01/03/16 04:08 AM

iirc one of the Mopar mags did a swap with that years ago, Volare maybe, the one with the front subframe buscuit mts that they replaced with solid ones and I think they modded at least one tube
Posted By: therocks

Re: big block in a dodge aspen - 01/03/16 07:54 PM

Not an Aspen but Chrysler Lebaron the small one.My buddys brother put a 392 Hemi in one.Took some work but it went in.I had some pics but lost them on the old computer.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums