Moparts

I need a piece of a part.

Posted By: Baja Joe

I need a piece of a part. - 12/29/15 03:24 AM

Ebay part

ok so i used jc whitney for the sending unit. I thought it was coming with the top piece that the fuel lines hook up to but it didn't. Do any of you know what that piece is called or where I can buy it? Thank you very much.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: I need a piece of a part. - 12/29/15 03:40 AM

That is just the fuel sending unit assembly...the metal part with the lines and the actual potentiometer for the gauge plus float arm are normally just sold as a complete assembly ? Just like in the auction link basically..

If you only have the electrical part of it, you could swap it onto an old/used sending unit assembly I suppose if that is what you mean.
Posted By: savoy64

Re: I need a piece of a part. - 12/29/15 09:30 PM

on 50's and 60's cars there was a grounding strap that bridged from the fuel line to the sending unit intake line---it was about 3 inches long....the picture shown seems like everything is there except the lock down ring....
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: I need a piece of a part. - 12/29/15 10:14 PM

Sounds like you got some kind of universal sending unit. I have never seen them come in separate pieces other then a replacement float and sock. What is the JC whitney part number?
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: I need a piece of a part. - 12/29/15 10:41 PM

If it were me I'd see if I could possibly return it and get a refund. Then buy a proper unit that fits your specific make, model & year from one of the major parts houses like Classic Industries or Year One. My #1 choice would be Dixie Restorations who is a sponsor here. Call them, they'll fix you up.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: I need a piece of a part. - 12/30/15 01:36 AM

You can buy the same sending unit all the resto houses sell at rockauto and their pictures actually match the part in my experience.

Re: I need a piece of a part. - 02/08/16 02:34 AM

yeah the part with the lines is what i was after, I couldn't find that piece anywhere, so my dad and I just re-fabbed it. As for the rest of it i needed the whole assembly so with the original and this jc-whitney part i recreated it.

Re: I need a piece of a part. - 02/08/16 02:35 AM

i got the float and sock the picture when i ordered it had the complete assembly and that is what caused me problems
© 2024 Moparts Forums