Moparts

Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee

Posted By: beecrazy

Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/27/15 09:34 PM

Guys

I just purchased a Holley HP EFI setup, now I would like to figure out where is the best place to mount the ECU and where to bring harness through the firewall, any suggestions would be appreciated !!

Pictures would be fantastic !!

Thanks in advance Kevin
Posted By: Black_Bee

Re: Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/27/15 10:47 PM

I added a Megasquirt EFI to my '69 Super Bee last spring. I put the ECU into the glove box, and routed the wires into the engine bay through a dimple in the firewall that I drilled out. It ended up being a pretty busy spot though, and I could have almost as easily come out somewhere hidden from view.

If the MS ECU could have lived in the engine compartment (they dont recommend installing MS in the engine compartment), I would have put it under the battery tray which is where my old ignition box was for years.

Good luck with your project!

beer

Attached picture IMG_0716.JPG
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/28/15 12:17 AM

On my 68 Charger that been Megasquirted I came thru the firewall in about the same spot, but put the ECU on top of the trans tunnel. This way I could see the LEDs on the end of the case.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/28/15 12:28 AM

On my '70E I mounted the XFI box on the drivers side inside firewall just to the right of the parking brake bracket mounts. I used three rubber shock mounts so it stood off the firewall a little bit. There is an existing firewall opening near/under the brake booster. The connectors just fit through. Wiring is a little busy around the booster but it fits/works.
Posted By: redmist

Re: Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/28/15 05:36 AM

I mounted mine to the heater box on the passenger side, just under the glove box so I could get to the ECU LED's, Memory card, and testing boards.
Posted By: beecrazy

Re: Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/28/15 08:11 PM

Thanks Guys for the suggestions, please keep them coming !

Kevin
Posted By: goldduster318

Re: Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/28/15 09:51 PM

This is where I put my MS3 pro on my Duster. I'm guessing there might be room there as well on a B-body.

When you don't have the wire hooked to the laptop, it's impossible to know it's there.
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: Where to locate EFI ECU on 69 Superbee - 12/28/15 11:53 PM

If you do not use your washer bottle....how about cutting off the bottom half of it, mounting it in the washer jar, then closing the jar off with the piece you have cut. Tucked away and still accessible
© 2024 Moparts Forums