Moparts

Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads

Posted By: domingo

Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/25/15 08:10 PM

Are the raybests premium grade metallic pads really better than the cheaper raybestos service grade pads???

12 bucks vs 32 bucks and i have to buy like 10 sets.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/25/15 09:45 PM

As general comment, I've found service grade semi mettalics to make more dust and a bit less friction vs the premium pads. Maybe more chance of squeaks also. Where I have used service grade type, they have done fine... just not quite as nice as the premium. Whether its worth the difference depends on application and preference I guess.

Economy grade or straight organic I stay far away.
Posted By: tman

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/25/15 10:17 PM

When it comes to brakes, I don't skimp.
Posted By: domingo

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/25/15 10:39 PM

Yeah, I just went ahead and got the better ones. Will they be actyually better? I dont know but gives me peace of mind.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/26/15 12:11 AM

Sometimes the premium product includes hardware like clips and shims that are not included with the service grade.
Posted By: tman

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/26/15 03:01 AM

Raybestos site that explains different pads

http://www.raybestosbrakes.com/magnoliaP...brake-pads.html
Posted By: 71charger

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/28/15 05:07 AM

Last two sets of Raybestos professional grade I bought, one was made in India and one in China. I was hoping that opting for a name brand, I would be getting U.S.-made parts. The parts seemed fine, so I kept and installed them.
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/28/15 05:24 AM

Good luck finding US made brake pads in any brand.
Posted By: minivan

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/28/15 07:38 PM

This discussion comes up a lot on the BMW site I frequent.. Seems to be a lot of dust and fast brake wear ( at least on the 6 series thread)

Claim is the softer ( less expensive) pads stop better and rotor wear is minimal, while the more expensive pads last longer, make less dust on the front wheels, but require a new rotor at pad replacement time...

Attached picture DSCF0161.JPG
Posted By: Adam71Charger

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/28/15 07:53 PM

Hope I'm not stealing the thread here, but how do raybestos semi metallics stack up against Centric's semi metallic pads?
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Raybestos service grade pads vs premium grade pads - 11/28/15 11:31 PM

I haven't compared raybestos pads to centric but the centric rotors are way better than the current raybestos stuff.
© 2024 Moparts Forums