Moparts

How does this Throttle return spring bracket fit?

Posted By: BigAg

How does this Throttle return spring bracket fit? - 11/03/15 05:27 AM

So I bought this new throttle return spring bracket for the car. I have a 440 engine in my 71 engine. No AC on the car and it is a manual tranny. I thought this would be a simple bolt on thing but I can't for the life of me figure out which way it goes. I have tried looking in my manuals and also online but haven't found anything yet. Anybody have a clue how this goes?

This is the picture of the new bracket.

Here is a picture about where I think it goes but it doesn't really feel right to me.

Posted By: NANKET

Re: How does this Throttle return spring bracket fit? - 11/03/15 05:49 AM

You have it correct in the photo.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: How does this Throttle return spring bracket fit? - 11/03/15 06:14 AM

You could shorten the front vertical down leg to the right length so on the other end when it is bolted down it almost touches the intake but ain't that a very large hole for the return spring as in does that bracket (originally) go to something else? EDIT With more thought the hole seems big enough for a PCV or PB hose ??? just wondering
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: How does this Throttle return spring bracket fit? - 11/03/15 09:47 AM

Searching here on Moparts here's what I find.

If you have the correct return spring bracket part of the problem is that the negative battery cable is attached to the block in the wrong location.
(providing that this pic is correct).

Supposed to on a 1970.

The tab on the bracket goes in the hole in the cylinder head and the ground cable goes under the intake bolt same as the bracket.

Another style of bracket.
Supposed to be a 1969
© 2024 Moparts Forums