Moparts

426 Hemi six pack manifold

Posted By: tweeter1

426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 01:41 PM

I understand that Mopar Performance is making a six pack manifold for the 426 hemi. Has anyone seen one or know where to puchase one .
Thanks Bob
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 01:56 PM

Send a PM to zippy he is the go to guy about mopar performance. Don't forget to fill us in on what he tell us
Posted By: tweeter1

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 02:41 PM

I've been told late this year or some time early next year.
Thanks Bob
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 02:53 PM

Not yet!

MP didn't come up with the idea all on their own, it was actually Tom Hoover's idea from way back when, but the current MP regime decided it would be a good idea to run with. Development actually started in Hoover's group in the '60s, prints and so forth already existed.

Far as I know, the only ones made in the last couple years have been development prototypes made from plastic. They have been run, and MP was happy enough with the results to want to produce the part. Development is basically all done.

Getting the manifold manufactured is taking longer than expected, though. MP has been a little bit rough on their 6 pack manifold supplier lately, lumping great heaping globs of new product work on them and asking for all of it yesterday...so for now we're going to have to be patient and wait for the manufacturing end to catch up.

I've seen one of the plastic ones (painted to appear aluminum) on a show engine. It quite frankly looks cooler than (self censored)!!! As soon as they're in production I will make a post in the new product area. Until then, keep your fingers crossed.
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 05:01 PM

Quote:

Not yet!

I've seen one of the plastic ones (painted to appear aluminum) on a show engine. It quite frankly looks cooler than (self censored)!!! As soon as they're in production I will make a post in the new product area. Until then, keep your fingers crossed.

It was on the show engine at the NHRA nats in Indy a year or two ago. Excellent idea, needs to be done...... I have a few customers that seem to recall some 440 six pack hemis from their day
Posted By: Charger74

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 05:59 PM

Hmmm, actually I have a picture of a 6pack setup on a hemi that was sitting in a 71 Challenger. The person who owned it supposedly used to work for Chrysler developement. It looked real and not something that had been added later. I wish I had talked to him that day. Haven't seen the car since.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 08:44 PM

Here's what it's supposed to look like.

Attached picture 4460100-Hemi6pak.jpg
Posted By: 71 Six Pack

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 09:45 PM

I might be wrong on this, but I thought a couple of the Dayclona cars had Six Pack manifold equipped Hemi's, of the 472ci variety. Can anyone verify this? Mike at Dayclona perhaps.

Joe
Posted By: max

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/29/08 11:42 PM

great, something else i'll end up buying.

atleast those should be a very streetable setup if tuned correctly.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/30/08 02:05 PM

Quote:

I have a few customers that seem to recall some 440 six pack hemis from their day

Oh yeah, my brother's uncle's 2nd cousin had a Plymouth Dart with a 383 Hemi 6pack with a factory Muncie Rock Crusher 4 speed that used to belong to Richard Petty, but Chrysler goofed up and painted it the wrong color...orange not blue, that's why Petty sold it to him, etc etc

The picture above shows one of the prototype manifolds.
It's ready to rock as far as MP is concerned.
Posted By: KMPX2

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/30/08 02:18 PM

Quote:

I might be wrong on this, but I thought a couple of the Dayclona cars had Six Pack manifold equipped Hemi's, of the 472ci variety. Can anyone verify this? Mike at Dayclona perhaps.

Joe

If IIRC he was custom making his own intakes
Posted By: CRE2004

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/30/08 02:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have a few customers that seem to recall some 440 six pack hemis from their day

Oh yeah, my brother's uncle's 2nd cousin had a Plymouth Dart with a 383 Hemi 6pack with a factory Muncie Rock Crusher 4 speed that used to belong to Richard Petty, but Chrysler goofed up and painted it the wrong color...orange not blue, that's why Petty sold it to him, etc etc

Your brother's uncle's 2nd cousin was mistaken as that combo was only available to black ops secret police as "the Interceptor Package".... Everything back in the day was a "police interceptor"
Posted By: ConvertiBee

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/30/08 02:51 PM

Actually, at most any little local car show, some tool will walk up to you and say "Yeah... my brother used to own a car just like that years ago. It had a 427 Sixpack Hemi in it".
And... "We used to race Bumblebees all the time".

So... it MUST be true!
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 05/30/08 04:52 PM

I've actually had the pleasure of seeing one of the Hoover original ones from back in the day. Pretty crude looking thing but cool none the less.
Posted By: Bruce K Bridges

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 06/05/08 01:41 AM

This one is for a 6.1 based 426...
not quite the same animal.

Attached picture 4468470-sideviewsmall.JPG
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 06/05/08 01:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your brother's uncle's 2nd cousin was mistaken as that combo was only available to black ops secret police as "the Interceptor Package".... Everything back in the day was a "police interceptor"

With a 3/4 race cam
Gus
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 426 Hemi six pack manifold - 06/05/08 01:31 PM

Here's another view- Picture taken at the same show (2006 SEMA Show in Vegas).

Attached picture 4469268-HemiSixPack.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums