Moparts

Brake lines and fuel lines

Posted By: z70dodge

Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/12/15 04:47 PM

Where is a good place to buy brake lines(pre-bent) of course and also a steel fuel line pre-bent for a 1970 Dodge Challenger? Don't want to break the bank....
Posted By: burdar

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/12/15 05:36 PM

Fine Lines...
Posted By: ct440rod

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/12/15 07:54 PM

https://www.sstubes.com/

fine lines
Posted By: Car Nut

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/12/15 08:46 PM

Right Stuff Detailing!
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/12/15 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By ct440rod

Fine Lines and Right Stuff are good. Just so happens that Fine Lines had everything in stock and stainless too for my car
Posted By: ahy

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/13/15 12:41 AM

I got mine from Inline Tube. Very happy with quality and service plus they made custom flex lines which I needed.

Mild steel for me because it is easier to seal and can be modified with standard tools if needed. Plus lower cost.
Posted By: 70duster340

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/13/15 03:02 AM

I bought mine for the Duster from Fine Lines. Excellent quality and customer service!
Posted By: charge70

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/13/15 04:23 PM

Another vote for Fine Lines
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/13/15 05:57 PM

I've used 2 sets of stainless lines from Inline Tube. Brake and 3/8' fuel lines on my Duster, brake lines on my buddy's Dart. Very happy with all.
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/13/15 06:58 PM

Finelines is the originator of most all lines now available on the market today. Bob was making lines long before anyone else and has thousands of original patterns he used to make them from. Much of what you see offered by others are copies of Bob's work.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/14/15 03:08 AM

Being the lines are quite long, how are they shipped? is shipping cost high?
Posted By: ahy

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/14/15 04:06 AM

My lines were shipped with a "shipping bend" added and clearly marked on a normally straight section of the line in a standard (max) length for a UPS or Fed Ex box. Shipping was reasonable. To use the lines, you remove the bend by hand on a flat surface like the garage floor - pretty easy - and have at it.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/15/15 05:22 AM

Originally Posted By ahy
My lines were shipped with a "shipping bend" added and clearly marked on a normally straight section of the line in a standard (max) length for a UPS or Fed Ex box. Shipping was reasonable. To use the lines, you remove the bend by hand on a flat surface like the garage floor - pretty easy - and have at it.

What he said. Easy, done
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Brake lines and fuel lines - 10/15/15 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By 71rm23
Originally Posted By ahy

What he said. Easy, done

Exactly, no big deal to un bend them when you take them out of the box. Although you must do it the right way. Just like un rolling soft copper tubing, I can unroll it and the tubing will be very straight, can't tell it was coiled.

My wife asked me why guys were carrying 12' long fuel lines out to there cars at the mopar nationals this past summer. I told her they were folks who did not understand how to un bend them out of the boxes...lol
Where the paper tags are is where the lines were bent for shipping.
© 2024 Moparts Forums