Moparts

ID numbers on a '65 Barracuda

Posted By: apairof66s

ID numbers on a '65 Barracuda - 10/04/15 01:11 AM

I've got a '65 Barracuda that I'm trying to locate the body numbers to match the vin. Any advice ?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: ID numbers on a '65 Barracuda - 10/04/15 01:56 AM

try the transverse across rad top support bar and the rear package tray near the speaker openings on the dr side toward the base of the rear glass. might be another just cant remember right now. EDIT might be one on the wheelwell bulges on the inside of the car I forget which side

Re: ID numbers on a '65 Barracuda - 10/04/15 03:35 AM

Thanks for the reply. I will check it and post what I find.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: ID numbers on a '65 Barracuda - 10/04/15 04:48 AM

You are not going to find body numbers that match the VIN on a 65 anything, I think 68 was the first year for that.

You'll find SO numbers, but those are not VIN numbers and the only thing I am aware of that will tie an SO to a VIN number would be the broadcast sheet. But I ain't a numbers guy so YMMV.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: ID numbers on a '65 Barracuda - 10/04/15 06:24 AM

Originally Posted By Supercuda
You are not going to find body numbers that match the VIN on a 65 anything, I think 68 was the first year for that.

You'll find SO numbers, but those are not VIN numbers and the only thing I am aware of that will tie an SO to a VIN number would be the broadcast sheet. But I ain't a numbers guy so YMMV.

'69 was the first year. Otherwise, you are correct.

Re: ID numbers on a '65 Barracuda - 10/04/15 03:56 PM

The numbers on the core support are 5700108188. These are probably the same on other places on the car.
Of course the vin starts with 1852.
Chances of finding the broadcast sheet is out of the question. The interior has been partly removed and has been sitting for years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums