Moparts

Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced?

Posted By: Old_Moparz

Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 10/03/15 07:23 PM

Seat covers don't come with the decorative medallions attached to the vinyl & I am missing some of mine. I can't seem to find them from any of the suppliers & wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes them? shruggy

The ones I particularly need are for a 1969 Satellite & only have the ones on my rear seat. Back in 1984 I tossed the original bench seat in the dumpster with an after market cover on it but I think the original cover was underneath. hammer

Here are a couple of pics of what they look like. They are about 2" tall & maybe 1/2" wide at the center & have vinyl inserts.

Thanks. beer

Attached picture 1969 Rear Satellite Seat 01 A.jpg
Attached picture 1969 Rear Satellite Seat 02 A.jpg
Posted By: Moparmick

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 10/04/15 04:05 AM

You might check with Legendary Interiors they might have them

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 10/05/15 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By Moparmick
You might check with Legendary Interiors they might have them

I had thought of them first, too but when I spoke to them at Carlisle this past summer they said no. I have a feeling I am going to have to scrounge up a used set from somebody or do without.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 10/05/15 03:07 AM

Pretty certain no repop. Shame I think they would sell but might be cost prohibitive to manufacture because of the vinyl inlay process. The same medallion was used on a 70 Newport I once had. Put a wanted ad here on moparts.
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 10/05/15 03:38 AM

i think they repop them
i've seen them in the classic catalog before
and herb's has some listed

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 10/05/15 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By flypaper
i think they repop them
i've seen them in the classic catalog before
and herb's has some listed

Just went to both sites & unfortunately the medallions they offer are for a Coronet & without the vinyl insert.

Thanks anyway.

Originally Posted By mopargem
Pretty certain no repop. Shame I think they would sell but might be cost prohibitive to manufacture because of the vinyl inlay process. The same medallion was used on a 70 Newport I once had. Put a wanted ad here on moparts.

That's probably what I'll have to do.

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 05/19/16 11:40 PM

I'm bumping this back up to let people know that there is a very close alternative to using the Mopar seat Medallions. It may be sacrilege to some of you, but I came across some Chebby parts on ebay that look a lot like the Plymouth ones. If you have them side by side you can see the slight difference, but if you had a complete set of 8 for the front & rear I doubt anyone can tell.

There were 4 used Plymouth medallions on ebay a few months ago that are still on there for $140.00 plus shipping. I snagged a set of 8 Chebby medallions for only $12.00 that included the shipping. The vinyl inserts are two different shades of blue, but I will freshen them with some dye before installing them. The length & width are almost identical but there is a slight difference in the bow & taper.

And by the way, the Chebby ones are being reproduced, so if you want new ones & don't mind a slight difference, then you can get them in chrome or black here for $9.99/pair......

http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1966/impala/parts/emblems-decals/interior-emblems/

Here is a photo for comparison with the Mopar ones on the left & Chebby on the right.....

Attached picture Copy of Plymouth & Chevy Medallions.JPG
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 05/20/16 12:58 AM

As far as I know only the 69 Coronet/Superbee medallions are reproed, close in size/shape but different in finish, BEAParts has them should you care to look

Re: Seat Upholstry Medallions - Are These Reproduced? - 05/20/16 05:26 AM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
As far as I know only the 69 Coronet/Superbee medallions are reproed, close in size/shape but different in finish, BEAParts has them should you care to look

These? They seem very different to me. shruggy

http://www.beaparts.com/images/item_images/820.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums