Moparts

2010 5.7 Hemi Oil Gallery question

Posted By: VincentVega

2010 5.7 Hemi Oil Gallery question - 09/22/15 07:58 PM

Can anyone give me an overview of what kind of external oil access I have on a 2010 5.7? I know the oil pressure sender is one place. Are there any others that can be used to get to engine oil pressure with the motor in place?

Thanks
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 2010 5.7 Hemi Oil Gallery question - 09/23/15 12:34 AM

what do you have in mind? Just a BTT for ya
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: 2010 5.7 Hemi Oil Gallery question - 09/23/15 05:10 PM

I want to plumb in an oil accumulator. Not for racing or anything else, just to oil the bearings prior to starting. I'd rather have a larger hole than the oil pressure sender so it works faster but that's probably good enough. I don't wish to go the oil filter-adapter route
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 2010 5.7 Hemi Oil Gallery question - 09/23/15 07:06 PM

if the vertical gallery below the sender threaded opening is bigger dia than the opening itself (which it likely might be if it was drilled up thru the bottom (& likely it was) then you might open up/tap that sender threaded opening there at the top for a larger fitting for your line then use common plumbing NPT reducer bushing and a T to screw the sender back in. Just thinking out loud. EDIT Just hit me, We plumbed an accumulator T'd to the SB oil sender (no redrilling/as is) & it primed in less than 2 minutes if that
© 2024 Moparts Forums