Moparts

No Brake Lights

Posted By: Cuda_Mike

No Brake Lights - 09/20/15 11:25 PM

After some evasive maneuvering to avoid being broadsided, my brake lights quit working. May not be related but that's when I noticed this. Have power through the brake light switch, checked several things, suspect the turn signal switch. Any ideas would be appreciated, I hate working under the dash! '69 GTX 4 spd.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: No Brake Lights - 09/20/15 11:45 PM

you of course checked the ground but if you were braking hard/pumping the pedal, you might want to make sure the switch is being engaged/dis-engaged.
Posted By: Cuda_Mike

Re: No Brake Lights - 09/21/15 01:45 AM

I've checked about everything, turn signals work, tailights work, 12 volts through brake light switch. Connector between brake light switch and turn signal switch appears good, leaning toward turn signal switch. Where are quality turn signal switches available?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: No Brake Lights - 09/21/15 02:06 AM

If your TS work then from the dangling under the column pull apart connector rearward you are good (as far as brake lights). Seperate that connector and (1) you should have fire in the white wire in the body half of the connector when the brake pedal is depressed and (2) in the column half of the connector there should be continuity between the white wire terminal and the (2) "out" wire terminals to the dr/pass rear brake light large filaments WITH the stalk in neutral. www.mymopar.com will have the colors
Posted By: BDW

Re: No Brake Lights - 09/21/15 03:11 AM

Try this

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: No Brake Lights - 09/21/15 06:57 AM

Quote:
Try this
good info
Posted By: smos001

Re: No Brake Lights - 09/21/15 08:43 PM

I had same problem,
Here is my discussion and fix.