The only thing i dont now is the sixpack code

Would like to have some help here

Thanks
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/17/15 10:18 PM

VIN supersedes any fender tag.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/17/15 11:31 PM

After 45 years, any kind of 'alteration' is possible...

No build sheet???
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/17/15 11:36 PM

Also what does the fender tag VIN say?
Posted By: Moparman1234

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/17/15 11:37 PM

Okey so never happend that afterwards the engine upgraded ?
Because the rest is perfectly correct and original ...
no Buildsheet ..
Posted By: Moparman1234

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/17/15 11:39 PM

Could be butt the rest matches perfect to the car so dont think that
it must be a typo than...
dont know if therr is something else to verify ...
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/17/15 11:46 PM

Any one can have a fender tag made up to say whatever they want it to. Believe the VIN.
Posted By: ademon

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/17/15 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By stumpy
Any one can have a fender tag made up to say whatever they want it to. Believe the VIN.

Yep VIN is what counts!
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/18/15 12:09 AM

More than likely, its a mistake on the tag from the factory. I just bought a 69 RR parts car that still has its original fender tag in place. It has never been altered and matches the body stamping on the core support and dash vin. The fender tag is R4 red but the car is all white. The booster is gone and there is white paint under it. Simply a mistake at the factory.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/18/15 02:10 AM

I almost bought a Hemi Cuda vert new.Only trouble was it wasnt a Hemi.It came from the factory with 440 but had hemi vin,tag,window sticker etc.It was all hemi except the engine.Brand new on the floor I could have got it for like 3500 out the door.Still kick myself for not buying it.Supposedly there is another known but I believe a HT.It is the same way.Rocky
Posted By: Seventythree

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/18/15 02:28 AM

I know of a 70 Coronet R/T convertible that the owner (dads best friend) factory ordered a 440 convertible and what arrived from the factory was a 440 6 pack convertible missing the 6 pack carbs and intake. Badging was changed at the factory. Fender tag, vin tag and door sticker were V code. Car still exists today and would love to get my hands on it.
Posted By: Bull1tt

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/18/15 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By fastmark
More than likely, its a mistake on the tag from the factory. I just bought a 69 RR parts car that still has its original fender tag in place. It has never been altered and matches the body stamping on the core support and dash vin. The fender tag is R4 red but the car is all white. The booster is gone and there is white paint under it. Simply a mistake at the factory.

Please post a pic of that tag and the car!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/18/15 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By Moparman1234
Could be butt the rest matches perfect to the car so dont think that
it must be a typo than...
dont know if therr is something else to verify ...

It has E87 on the tag , but what VIN is stamped on the tag ?

Picture of the tag would be helpful as asked.

Also even if the engine was upgraded , the fender tag would not have been changed to show such an upgrade. If the VIN tag on the dash has a U then the car is a 440-4bbl.

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/18/15 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By stumpy

That is until someone has a new VIN tag with the engine code changed , there are many cases of this happening and one guy in NY that was a member actually went to jail for doing it . I used to have the 2 vin pictures on my computer ...
Posted By: 69x

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/18/15 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By Seventythree
I know of a 70 Coronet R/T convertible that the owner (dads best friend) factory ordered a 440 convertible and what arrived from the factory was a 440 6 pack convertible missing the 6 pack carbs and intake. Badging was changed at the factory. Fender tag, vin tag and door sticker were V code. Car still exists today and would love to get my hands on it.
Can you explain how the Badging was changed at the factory ? with the Ramcharger option it would say "440" on the hood scoop for either the 440 mag or 6 pack, for non Ramcharger cars there would be no badging. someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/19/15 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By Bull1tt

Here is the one I just bought. The tag says R6 and the body is white.

Attached picture 70 gran coupe 006.JPG
Attached picture 70 gran coupe 007.JPG
Attached picture 70 gran coupe 008.JPG
Posted By: JoesMopar

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/19/15 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By Bull1tt

Here is the one I just bought. The tag says R6 and the body is white.

I see W1 in that tag as well. Is the interior white?

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/19/15 05:20 PM

Yes, the interior is white. My understanding of all the tags I have seen is that all the exterior paint codes are in the first position on the next to the bottom row.
Posted By: JoesMopar

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/19/15 05:30 PM

That's what I thought as well. That's a really cool color combo.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/19/15 08:01 PM

Fastmark, although it doesn't have the V21 code, does it have black hood stripes?
A87 describes hood stripes as part of the package.

Good thing the RR didn't get painted R6, the V6R red side stripes wouldn't show like they do on white paint.

I've seen two '70s cars with a typo on the VIN.
One a B body, one a C, they were missing the engine code, had 12 digits instead of 13, fender tag and door sticker were correct.
The V code error was on a 440-6 SFGT.

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/19/15 11:44 PM

Well this car had been painted blue and purple so the hood stripes are long gone. I have a car with a mistake in the vin on the dash. It's a Superbird that starts out RN instead of RM.
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/24/15 04:57 PM

I owned a '70 U-code cuda, that had two BS and the original fender tag. The fender tag and both sheets listed the engine as E87 440+6bbl. I still have copies of both sheets. I sent all the docs to Galen back then (1996), and his take was that the U-code VIN ruled out the 6bbl engine code. The door had been changed out, so the sticker was long gone.

Re: Vin u code door u code tag V code - 09/24/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By 70440+6bbl
I owned a '70 U-code cuda, that had two BS and the original fender tag. The fender tag and both sheets listed the engine as E87 440+6bbl. I still have copies of both sheets. I sent all the docs to Galen back then (1996), and his take was that the U-code VIN ruled out the 6bbl engine code. The door had been changed out, so the sticker was long gone.

I'm sure there is a number of people that would have sent a rubbing of the tag and a copy of the sheet to AG Tageast and correct that factory mistake wink
© 2024 Moparts Forums