Moparts

Holley Street Dominator Help

Posted By: Beep Beep

Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/15/15 02:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I am going to be installing my big block Holley street dominator intake on my low deck stroker motor. I am running the Holley double pumper carb. Do I need to run a spread bore to square bore adapter?

Attached picture streetdomlowdeck1.jpg
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/15/15 04:01 AM

Depends how much room you have. I'd use at least a 1/2 inch open spacer just to eliminate the chances of having a vacuum leak around the sides of the carb.

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/15/15 04:08 AM

Thanks Andy. I am kind of limited for space. I am running this with a fresh air package on a 69 RR. I could mill the top of the intake 1/8 and install the open spacer. Not sure if I can get away with the 1/2.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/15/15 05:41 AM

get the thin square plate (an eddy # iirc). it'll cover the offending secondary scalloped flange areas. Gasket then the plate then another gasket then the carb. EDIT eddy #2732 adapter, .100" thick
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/15/15 03:33 PM

Just bolt it on with a good gasket and don't worry about it. Mine worked fine with no leaks for many years. Thin plates are a recipe for a broken carb base.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/15/15 03:50 PM

I agree just bolt on.My kid ran mine after I did and we bothe ran DPs with no problems.You might need a throttle bracket but thats it.Rocky

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/16/15 03:29 AM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Greatly appreciated!
Posted By: 383man

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/16/15 02:17 PM

Seems to me I used a 1/2" spacer because my DP linkage hit the manifold so I needed to raise my 850 DP a little and I used a phenolic spacer. Ron
Posted By: Rob C

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/16/15 04:01 PM

Mill the spacer as needed. I remember a article that stated what 383man said about the need for a spacer & a Holley. I run a TQ on mine, but it is a lowly stock 400.
Posted By: nasty68

Re: Holley Street Dominator Help - 09/18/15 02:54 AM

I run a 750 DP and my linkage also hit the intake. Had to use a spacer for it to clear.
© 2024 Moparts Forums