Moparts

c-body control arms

Posted By: paddel

c-body control arms - 08/24/15 07:13 PM

are there any aftermarket upper control arms for my 74 newport that are a little bit more reliable?
The ones i found (aftermarket and original) are for b and e bodies.
Posted By: feets

Re: c-body control arms - 08/24/15 07:16 PM

None that I know of.
I doubt seriously you will find them. The cars have very little interest (in the big picture) and only a fraction of those people with interest will actually spend money on them.
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: c-body control arms - 08/24/15 08:17 PM

In what regard? Stockers are pretty good. are you looking for more alignment adjustability?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: c-body control arms - 08/24/15 08:36 PM

Firm Feel can build them for you if you really, really want them.

Re: c-body control arms - 08/24/15 10:00 PM

mine broke on the left side so I thought aftermarket would be better. But even originals are hard to find for me. the scrapyards in the US won't ship to germany and then the part is still used and may break as well.

Re: c-body control arms - 08/24/15 10:07 PM

the firm feel ones are for c-bodies from 65-73. mine is 74
Posted By: BigBlockMopar

Re: c-body control arms - 08/24/15 10:50 PM

40 years of service isn't reliable enough? work

Control arms normally don't 'just' break.
Why not repairing/welding the one you have?

Re: c-body control arms - 08/24/15 11:09 PM

I would but the ball joint broke loose. The whole thread is gone. also the thread walls broke away. There is no way to repair it.
I now welded the ball joint into the control arm.

About the 40 years of service. It would apply if I could get a new one. But as I said, I only can get used ones.
That's why I asked.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: c-body control arms - 08/25/15 01:11 AM

try at www forcbodiesonly dot com
Posted By: Adam71Charger

Re: c-body control arms - 08/25/15 01:31 AM

If you decide you want a used control arm, Look on American Craigslist (in high population areas like Portland, New york, Seattle Etc etc) and look for cheap 74 or 75 newport's/new yorker's that are being parted out, and see if they'll sell you what you need. Control arms usually dont go bad even when the rest of the car is a rusted out pile of crap. its usually the body and interior that get the worst of it
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: c-body control arms - 08/25/15 06:21 PM

Aren't half ton 2 wd truck arms the same? Or maybe vans? I know there's some interchangeable parts among the 3.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: c-body control arms - 08/25/15 06:59 PM

Wildcat probably has control arms. They have most everything in their yard.
Posted By: VincentVega

Re: c-body control arms - 08/25/15 08:02 PM

I agree with that. failure of that part isn't common. I would try to grab up a used one
Posted By: Twostick

Re: c-body control arms - 08/26/15 07:13 AM

If it uses a threaded ball joint, you can buy a threaded sleeve to repair the arm you have.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Steel-Upper-Ball-Joint-Sleeve-K772-Style,2126.html

Kevin
© 2024 Moparts Forums